What's new

Hellvape MD 24mm MTL RTA

raimis

Initiate
Hi,

Anyone got this one? Is it worth looking at? Any opinion much appreciated

I recently got one and very pleased with it. The wicking is fine as long as you don't stuff the juice wells with cotton just let it drop in and you will be fine. Iv'e not had any leaking at all.

I don't think it's a loose draw at all. I have mine on number 3 hole and thats tight enough for me and I like a fairly tight draw.

hm.. I am a huge fan of Dvarw MTl with 1mm insert. Its a perfect draw for me. I will have a look i might use an excuse of black Friday... :)

Thank You

I just got mine from ecigone for 18.89 (Code- Black30 )with the bubble glass included.
It is so much better than the siren 2 and i prefer the md over the expromizer v4.
wicking can be a little tricky but once you get it right its perfect.

yep got mine today 5 wicks later and i'm slowly getting there... any pointers please
You need to pack as much cotton as possible into the juice Wells but at the same time not over do it. I found that cutting the cotton to the same length as the tank is wide and then push the cotton straight into the Wells without fluffing or raking works fine.

Got a couple of questions with this one and the thread search showed up this one and another which seemed full of problems with leaking.
I chose this one as the ratio of people liking it seemed higher in this one.

I picked it up as i was looking for a 24mm mtl rta but didn't think for one minute id have issues with leaking.
Getting it and scrutinising the design i can see two pretty bad design flaws with it so stopping it from leaking is going to be a right ball ache.

The juice wells are elongated and are too long and not deep enough so with the small juice intake hole it acts as a straw and naturally pulls juice into the well with no way to tame it the deck floods.
This wouldn't be too bad as i could cope with a little deck flood but the poor design of the central air disc the juice is always going to find it's way through and flood into the air intake.
If the disc was raised by a couple of mm it might help but it's also notched around the edges so juice will still seep through those despite the O ring seal.

TLDR,....... ......Interested if you've stuck with the original drip tip or not and if it leaks less with the original ?
I ask because i believe the top cap seal doesnt actually seal that well and think the notch on the original tip will help seal things and improve the vaccum.

BTW this tank is awsome and if it wasn't for the issues as detailed above it could be in constant use.

Back
Top Bottom