What's new

Helix Kit

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
image.jpg

They’re biodegradable and made from sustainable forests @Discomatt ! I got them in waitrose.
But I won’t be throwing my Victorian lady spike away after every use hence saving the planet even more, upcycling unwanted goods, gaining favour with ladies wot lunch and also contributing to the economy of our new president @Crewella :D :lovesign:

I’d get lynched by the waitrose mob if I went in there asking for toothpicks with ivory handles @Crewella .
Indeed you would. We had a bloke standing outside with a placard about banning the ivory trade last month! :D

Thing is, I'm all for stopping it (it's my job to chase the CITES certificates for things) ............ except that all this stuff exists, was made years ago and what should we do with it? I'd rather use it than burn it. :(

Last edited:
Actually - there might be a few about as we can no longer sell a lot of ivory items and a lot of them (including mine) have ivory handles. I rescued mine from the dump pile originally. Might take a couple of months, but I will keep my eyes peeled for you peeps. :)

Yes!!! +1

A sharpened paperclip is my weapon of choice.
The wooden toothpick ends break.

One good thing came out of me smashing my Spica glass - it forced me to get to grips with the misbehaving Helix kit. Which is now working perfectly. I do still miss the chimney mechanism on the big one, but it's fine. :)

P1190714.JPG

Back
Top Bottom