What's new

Hastur mini wicking and build

Younoowho

Postman
cmon then guys, I’m home, and for my first post I could do with some help, with my hastur mini mtl tank on my 18350 mech, I’ve got a 38awg 12 wrap micro kanthall coil in there with the 18350s on the LPG mod, so can anyone help me get a big flavour banger build in there
Thanks in advance
Benji

Surely that coil would come out massively high in ohms. I would be looking at more like 28g wire with 6 or 7 wraps with 2.5 ID.

Surely that coil would come out massively high in ohms. I would be looking at more like 28g wire with 6 or 7 wraps with 2.5 ID.
Prob about 17 ohms if my calculations are correct

cmon then guys, I’m home, and for my first post I could do with some help, with my hastur mini mtl tank on my 18350 mech, I’ve got a 38awg 12 wrap micro kanthall coil in there with the 18350s on the LPG mod, so can anyone help me get a big flavour banger build in there
Thanks in advance
Benji
2.5mm coil 26/27/28awg (I use 27) kanthal, seven wraps.
Wicking is go lightly. Be sure the cotton is able to pull through the coil with very little resistance. Cut short so the wick tails are barely through the wick holes. (I mean just a half mm visable) and boom. Good as it gets.

Prob about 17 ohms if my calculations are correct
Yeah well the typo got the better of me it’s actually 28 awg, comes out at like 1.6

Edit, I’m a tired div
Edit edit, just counted them, 9 wrap 2.5id

Last edited:
2.5mm coil 26/27/28awg (I use 27) kanthal, seven wraps.
Wicking is go lightly. Be sure the cotton is able to pull through the coil with very little resistance. Cut short so the wick tails are barely through the wick holes. (I mean just a half mm visable) and boom. Good as it gets.
Thankyou buddy, from trial and error the lightly does it seems to of help, what does it ohm out at that build?

Thankyou buddy, from trial and error the lightly does it seems to of help, what does it ohm out at that build?
Depending which gauge obviously from 0.9+ to 1.1+ ohms.
Works a charm. Yes some really have zero wicking issues however you wick it but other's like mrs kid hit it with long draw so a thin wicking seems to prevent the coil choking.

Depending which gauge obviously from 0.9+ to 1.1+ ohms.
Works a charm. Yes some really have zero wicking issues however you wick it but other's like mrs kid hit it with long draw so a thin wicking seems to prevent the coil choking.
That was the problem I had, I’ve just solved that with a new coil, 3mm Id 5 wrap spaced kanthall coil, with carefull wicking, vapes lovely, I love my builds that crackle and pop with a nice smooth airflow, and this is hitting the spot, 1.2 ohms with element NS20 frost and it’s fgreat, especially with the long drip tip the vapour cools slightly opening more flavours so I get that hint of vanilla from the juice, need to try some of the juices recommended on here soon

That was the problem I had, I’ve just solved that with a new coil, 3mm Id 5 wrap spaced kanthall coil, with carefull wicking, vapes lovely, I love my builds that crackle and pop with a nice smooth airflow, and this is hitting the spot, 1.2 ohms with element NS20 frost and it’s fgreat, especially with the long drip tip the vapour cools slightly opening more flavours so I get that hint of vanilla from the juice, need to try some of the juices recommended on here soon
Yeah very little but manabush, druids brew or the juices they made together make it into the hastur mini 's or true's.

Back
Top Bottom