What's new

Hastur Mini MTL Question

Sprite71

Postman
My trusty Hastur mini has let me down over the last week.

Firstly it started to leak (never happens), but after a couple of days I realised that one of the o-rings from the top fill cap must have been washed down the plug hole unnoticed when I was cleaning it last. New o-ring fitted, problem solved.

Prior to this, and still happening, I cannot adjust the air control without the tank chimney/tank unloosening. I start putting it back together with the biggest air hole open but by the time I’m finished it’s on the middle hole, then I just can’t adjust it. The middle hole is too warm a vape for me.

I haven’t tried too hard, but is the air control ring removable ... like it is on many tanks, I just don’t want to try to force it off if it’s not meant to.

My trusty Hastur mini has let me down over the last week.

Firstly it started to leak (never happens), but after a couple of days I realised that one of the o-rings from the top fill cap must have been washed down the plug hole unnoticed when I was cleaning it last. New o-ring fitted, problem solved.

Prior to this, and still happening, I cannot adjust the air control without the tank chimney/tank unloosening. I start putting it back together with the biggest air hole open but by the time I’m finished it’s on the middle hole, then I just can’t adjust it. The middle hole is too warm a vape for me.

I haven’t tried too hard, but is the air control ring removable ... like it is on many tanks, I just don’t want to try to force it off if it’s not meant to.
Is this a black one ?

I’ve found the black ones ring harder to move than the silver one

Perhaps there’s still traces of leaked juice there, can’t remember if I soaked it or just rinsed it through after last build. I’ll give it a soak in soapy water and try again later

it sounds like the afc is tight down on the top of the mod? ... is that what's happening?

I know it's not helpful but on my mods the 510 is around 17mm - 19mm and raised a hair, so the afc isn't on the top of the mod.... so when I screw the tank on nothing touches the AFC, so it doesn't move and doesn't jam

... did you start using it on a different mod when this started happening?

WP_20180515_15_32_58_Pro.jpg

I'm wondering because of what you put here...

I start putting it back together with the biggest air hole open but by the time I’m finished it’s on the middle hole, then I just can’t adjust it.

I'm wondering because of what you put here...

I start putting it back together with the biggest air hole open but by the time I’m finished it’s on the middle hole, then I just can’t adjust it.

Before I filled it up, and before I put it on the mod, I realised I couldn’t turn the AFC ring when I put the tank together, so I was trying to set the AFC in the right position before putting the tank together but still couldn’t get it to stay on the largest hole.

The first time I noticed it leaking was when I couldn’t turn the AFC and I put it down to me loosening the tank rather than turning the AFC like I thought I was. Maybe the problem all along was down to the missing o-ring (because I don’t know when that happened) and it’s gunked up the AFC inside.

Before I filled it up, and before I put it on the mod, I realised I couldn’t turn the AFC ring when I put the tank together, so I was trying to set the AFC in the right position before putting the tank together but still couldn’t get it to stay on the largest hole.

The first time I noticed it leaking was when I couldn’t turn the AFC and I put it down to me loosening the tank rather than turning the AFC like I thought I was. Maybe the problem all along was down to the missing o-ring (because I don’t know when that happened) and it’s gunked up the AFC inside.

ah gotcha....

I've not tried taking the afc off .... is there a spare o-ring for it in the packet? ... if there is then I expect you should be able to remove it.

There’s a single black o-ring, so presumably for that. I’ll see if it works after soaking it, if not I’ll use a bit of force to see if it comes off.

There’s a single black o-ring, so presumably for that. I’ll see if it works after soaking it, if not I’ll use a bit of force to see if it comes off.

let us know how you get on .... that o-ring must be for that, the tank ones are clear.

Back
Top Bottom