What's new

Gunking

Ettrick

Postman
Do all types of wire gunk up at the same speed?
I only use about 16 watts but as I probably vape too much the coil can get gunked up in a day.
I realise different liquids gunk up quicker than others, I'm just wondering if certain types of wire might be better at slowing down gunking?

I don't know if the theory holds up, but NI80 seems to heat and cool faster than kanthal, in theory it makes sense that that would mean your juice doesn't get the chance to burn so much, but I don't know that I can notice a huge difference.

Gunkiness seems to be more a factor of what juice you're vaping.

I've never noticed a difference, everything else being equal.

Cheers for replies.
I suppose it's not a big deal. I can dry burn the coil put it under the tap, clean the tank and re-wick in 5 mins. Just can't be bothered sometimes.

I use the Siren V1 daily with homemade juice made from Drip hack concentrate. The coloured juices(Jotuns wrath, Blood eagle) gunk up quicker than the colourless(Cryo mango) and it depends on the sweetness of the juice as well

I vape mainly sweet tobacco juices on simple plus-ohm kanthal coils at 10 watts - it's not too bad, but I kind of expect a bit of gunk.

I think I was just searching for a miracle cure to gunking. Probably never going to happen. Same as there is never a miracle cure to hangovers.

I think I was just searching for a miracle cure to gunking. Probably never going to happen. Same as there is never a miracle cure to hangovers.
From experience both tobaccos and sugars are culprits .... and as I love both, and both together, I'm resigned to it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom