POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

Discussion in 'Mouth to Lung Vaping' started by SteveV, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Toastie

Toastie Postman

@SteveV Thanks. I presumed you'd be using your spare gate when you said you'd broke your glass too.

I was just cleaning the tank out ready to try out the higher coil position. Put some VG on the oring and slid the glass on, mounted fine. For some reason I decided to give it a twist, even though it was on and that caused it to crack.

That reminds me, some reviewers were complaining of the glass spinning with an assembled tank, mine never had that. If it did I wouldn't have broke my glass aha.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. qbass00

qbass00 Postman

Got my first semi-dry hit off this tank today after a re-wick. Went to investigate and it turns out I over-stuffed those channels a little bit this time. You have to really thin that cotton out on this one, and make sure it's short enough to fit in there effortlessly. I'm used to packing RDA's with chunky wicks, still fairly new to RTA's, so I'm sure I'm just stating the obvious. Anyway I re-built it and it's back to perfection now. Still vaping on this thing endlessly every day.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SteveV

SteveV Postman

Like you I'm still using mine a lot, I agree with what you say about not trying to stuff too much cotton into the juice wells, although it is a pretty forgiving atty to wick in my experience. I've been experimenting with different drip tips on mine and I have finally settled on Dvarw ones. I actually think they improve the taste and I love the Dvarw drip tips anyway. I'm glad you're still loving yours as much as I'm loving mine.

• Like Like x 3
  4. rew

rew Veteran

It's good to know it's still working well after a bit of time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bijou

bijou Postman

@Toastie If you still need them, the deck screws for the Gate are size M1.6 x 4mm. I bought mine from Bolt Base.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank Thank x 1
  6. Toastie

Toastie Postman

Thanks, much appreciated. I still haven't replaced the glass on mine yet, been using other things. It's all back in the box, waiting for me to get round to it.