What's new

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

It's been that long I can't remember why I didn't get on with a lot of them. I know I couldn't seem to wick the berserker original correctly, no matter what I tried. Wicking has always been my weak point, although I've improved recently. Only took me a few years, hah...

On the airflow point, I've found the gate on one airflow hole with the default 1.5mm insert is perfect. Nice long single or double pull. Not going to mean much to people without this tank, but it's the best way I can explain it. I do need a nice smooth and quiet airflow.

I used the doggystyle closed down till it was around one small circle or a tad more closed. Wouldn't call it smooth or quiet though. I just wasn't a fan or having to watch what e liquids I put in it. Just tested as I was writing this and the gate on one hole with biggest insert is slightly tighter than the doggystyle fully closed, if that helps.

One that's not getting much chat of late is the Dvarw, brilliant RTA and I'm pretty sure everyone on the forum who has one, loves it. Comes with a multitude of inserts for every taste and quite a few tank options including steel in case you suffer dropisy :D I think maybe the Spica Pro is a bit too restricted from what you said, maybe a good idea is to have a look through the Top 5 MTL thread as you can see what everyone's been having fun with :D

I think my main issue with the Gate is it reminds me too much of the Skyline, another one that divides opinion, some love it, I ended up giving mine away.

Was just sort of watching a pbusardo review of the Dvarw, but I dozed off, he's only now just reviewed it. Nothing to do with Phil, just lack of sleep. Will watch it again soon.

I've heard the skyline is very airy, not sure if that applies to the updated deck I heard it ended up getting...

I never drop my mods or anything when using them, but lately I've been dropping all my stuff when rebuilding tanks.

My love for the gate is purely functionality, the same reason people loved the doggystyle, just works and doesn't leak a drop. I think the airflow is much better on the gate, no worry about tank cracking juice either. However, I do prefer the build deck on the doggy, especially those screws.

As I said flavour hasn't come into it for me yet as I can't taste my current juice anymore, and my supplies probably won't he here to mix a tribecca clone until next week. To be fair, my pallette must be crap because I don't notice any difference in the flavour of most tanks. Its either got it or is hasn't for me, and if it hasn't its probably my wicking.

Was just sort of watching a pbusardo review of the Dvarw, but I dozed off, he's only now just reviewed it. Nothing to do with Phil, just lack of sleep. Will watch it again soon.

I've heard the skyline is very airy, not sure if that applies to the updated deck I heard it ended up getting...

I never drop my mods or anything when using them, but lately I've been dropping all my stuff when rebuilding tanks.

My love for the gate is purely functionality, the same reason people loved the doggystyle, just works and doesn't leak a drop. I think the airflow is much better on the gate, no worry about tank cracking juice either. However, I do prefer the build deck on the doggy, especially those screws.

As I said flavour hasn't come into it for me yet as I can't taste my current juice anymore, and my supplies probably won't he here to mix a tribecca clone until next week. To be fair, my pallette must be crap because I don't notice any difference in the flavour of most tanks. Its either got it or is hasn't for me, and if it hasn't its probably my wicking.
I still use the Doggies sometimes, just because they are so darned reliable. Never, ever any trouble, never a leak. I just wish the tank wasn't plastic.

Main thing I have against the Dvarw clone I have too.

I still use the Doggies sometimes, just because they are so darned reliable. Never, ever any trouble, never a leak. I just wish the tank wasn't plastic.

Main thing I have against the Dvarw clone I have too.

Only polycarb for the Dvarw? Yes the doggy is a great tank and dirt cheap too. The gate fixed the only issues I had with the doggy and introduced one I didn't, but then again it is 3x the price.

Build update, jumped back to wattage mode, 7 wrap 26g kanthal 2.5mm at 17w. Might knock the wattage up as it's a little cool for my liking. Still trying to see which I prefer over wattage and tc.

Only polycarb for the Dvarw? Yes the doggy is a great tank and dirt cheap too. The gate fixed the only issues I had with the doggy and introduced one I didn't, but then again it is 3x the price.

Build update, jumped back to wattage mode, 7 wrap 26g kanthal 2.5mm at 17w. Might knock the wattage up as it's a little cool for my liking. Still trying to see which I prefer over wattage and tc.
I only have a clone, but you can get PEI, or PC or acrylic tanks for the Dvarw clones, or an all metal one ..... but I hate not being able to see my juice too. :D

Fun fact, I only use TC for MTL tanks :S I find the experience varies immensely dependent on wire type and that's also inconsistent between tanks. Some mods also need the temp pushed up a bit, better to do that than mess with the TCR's. My favourite wire is NiFe30, but mods like the Mod 101 play better with SS316 at a slightly higher temp.

Fun fact, I only use TC for MTL tanks :S I find the experience varies immensely dependent on wire type and that's also inconsistent between tanks. Some mods also need the temp pushed up a bit, better to do that than mess with the TCR's. My favourite wire is NiFe30, but mods like the Mod 101 play better with SS316 at a slightly higher temp.
I did try, honest I did ........ but I'm back to wattage and kanthal 28 AWG. TC made me grumpy ....... ;)

I've lost track of the number of pages that thread I started took to get me in the zone, not denying it was a pita to get to grips with it but tbh I love the consistency it gives the vape :D

The thing I like about the Gate is, as @Toastie said, it just works. As someone who loves the skyline I can say that in reality there is very little similarity between the Gate and the Skyline, the only similarity really is the filling method. The airflow control is totally different, more like the Spica Pro but with a much wider range of options. Flavour wise it is up there with the best - maybe not quite Kayfun or Evl Reaper 3 standards but pretty damn close. One thing I look for in an atty is I need to have complete confidence in it. I want to know with certainty that if I stick it in my pocket at the beginning of the day that every time I use it during the day it will vape well immediately with no leaks, gurgles or dry hits, Surprisingly few attys give me that confidence. Just as an aside, Vic says that he rates the Gate as highly as the Ehpro True, I have a True which I use occasionally and I do quite like it, personally I would rate the Gate higher, I think the flavour is better and it just vapes better, I do like the fill method on the True though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom