What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

Thanks for putting your feedback on here @Toastie and welcome. I would completely agree with what you have said. Funny you had trouble with the post screws, mine trapped the wire first time with no issues so either I was lucky or you were unlucky. Totally agree with your last statement "I'm shocked there's not more buzz around this one". At the end of the day it's a good quality authentic for the price of a clone.

Thanks. Very strange, might be a slight difference in the width of the screw heads... That doesn't explain why my spares are also giving me that problem. Not a big deal, hopefully we can find out the spec, I'll be sure to post it if naturevape get back to me.

There's two other points I forgot to mention. Needs a good clean, after I disassembled it to start cleaning, I noticed yellow stuff all over my fingers. No idea what it was, machine oil? There was a reviewer who mentioned that the included tool didn't fit the airflow jets, I'm having the same problem. Luckily I've got one of my own that does fit.

I don't doubt that it seems to be a really decent tank, especially at the price point. I think it's more about the timing though. The past year or so has been really good for MTL RTAs. Maybe it's getting to saturation level to some degree. It doesn't bring anything new to the table and unless your a big name (Kayfun etc) some of the less heard of products get passed over a bit. Maybe marketing is part of the issue also.
Anyway, thanks for your input. You might like to introduce yourself in New User Intros.

True, I've owned most of the MTL tanks from the past year and I didn't get along with most of them. Not that they were bad tanks, just that weird situation where everyone is raving about it and yet I couldn't seem to get a satisfactory vape for me. Definitely nothing new to the industry, I do like the filling method, that's new to me since I've never owned a skyline.

I'll head over to the new users section now, was getting a bit late last night so I left it.

Thanks. Very strange, might be a slight difference in the width of the screw heads... That doesn't explain why my spares are also giving me that problem. Not a big deal, hopefully we can find out the spec, I'll be sure to post it if naturevape get back to me.

There's two other points I forgot to mention. Needs a good clean, after I disassembled it to start cleaning, I noticed yellow stuff all over my fingers. No idea what it was, machine oil? There was a reviewer who mentioned that the included tool didn't fit the airflow jets, I'm having the same problem. Luckily I've got one of my own that does fit.

True, I've owned most of the MTL tanks from the past year and I didn't get along with most of them. Not that they were bad tanks, just that weird situation where everyone is raving about it and yet I couldn't seem to get a satisfactory vape for me. Definitely nothing new to the industry, I do like the filling method, that's new to me since I've never owned a skyline.

I'll head over to the new users section now, was getting a bit late last night so I left it.

I think you have been rather unlucky with yours. I now have 2 (second one came today) and once again I have zero problems with it. No machine oil, no problems with the deck screws and the included tool fits everything it is supposed to perfectly. I wonder if you should get NatureVape to replace it for you?

I think you have been rather unlucky with yours. I now have 2 (second one came today) and once again I have zero problems with it. No machine oil, no problems with the deck screws and the included tool fits everything it is supposed to perfectly. I wonder if you should get NatureVape to replace it for you?

So far they haven't responded to my email asking about the screws, so I doubt that's even a possibility. I wonder if my email has hit their spam folder or something?

I may have found a different method around the screws, back-winding the coil on the jig, so that when mounted with the coil legs facing up, the screw pulls the coil leg into the head rather than pushing it out when tightening. To be confirmed after a few builds though.

It'd interesting to hear your opinion on the quality of the paint on the black model, over time. I tend to go bare stainless on all my tanks, due to flaking over time.

Just popped a ss316l build in to try out temp control, new method trapped the leads no bother, let's see of it holds. Build is .4mm (26g) spaced to fit the deck, so 5 wraps. Going well so far, I do prefer a cloudier mtl. Tried temp control in the past but could never get it to work consistently.

I was going to provide some pictures of the build but it seems my phone cannot focus that close up, even using manual focus.

I only ever buy stainless steel attys too, this is the only exception so I will keep a close eye on it and post back anything untoward. TC is something I haven't tried in my Gates yet so would be interested in how you get on with it. What temperature are you vaping on and which mod?

I only ever buy stainless steel attys too, this is the only exception so I will keep a close eye on it and post back anything untoward. TC is something I haven't tried in my Gates yet so would be interested in how you get on with it. What temperature are you vaping on and which mod?

I'm up and down with the temperatures at the moment, 370F right now. Got some new flavours for DIY coming on Monday, Saturday if I'm extremely lucky. Totally used to my current mix so I might as well be vaping unflavoured. When I have something I can taste, I'll know for sure which I prefer, wattage or tc.

I got rid of most of my vape gear a while back, so using it on the smok majesty. Heard mixed then things about smok's temp control, but djlsb's test rated it well with tcr adjusted to 98. Going to do a dry cotton burn test at some point to check accuracy of this setting.

Not sponsored by Warburtons...

TxGVFrH.jpg

Thought I'd post an update as I've seen Vic's review of the gate is now live. Watched his videos for years on and off, and I'll have to admit I'm not impressed.

A lot of the features of the tank were missed, which is a real shame. He does rate it highly, matching the True tank.

And his pal is selling it, coincidence for a great review? Who knows or cares, I'll probably bypass it, my EVL Reaper clone spanks the True tank imho so if this is similar there's not much to attract me. Again, if you fancy it, have at it... great to have choices after the lean years :D

Yep and different tanks work for different people. I've owned both sirens, the berserker, genuine kayfuns, sxk doggystyle and a few others I've probably forgotten. The only ones I ever got to work for me were the kayfuns, the doggystyle, and now the gate.

The kayfun mini v3 was bang on except one major problem, squeeky, weezy airflow when tightened right up, which drove me mad. Bought the plastic screws that are supposed to fix it, didn't work. I did order the prime from vapeclub last year, and they sent me a kayfun 5s for some reason, which is strange because it wasn't even listed on their site, was very busy with work at the time and couldn't be bothered to tell them and return it.

That's how I ended up with the 5s, was about to purchase the MTL inserts for it when I spotted the gate and took a gamble.

The Siren seems to attract a lot of comments from either side of the divide. For me I found the Siren 1 too airy but really enjoy the Siren 2, there's a fair few people on here who don't like it and it seems to have QC issues affecting peoples views on it, shame really but there you go.

I like the KF Prime so hopefully the Lite clone I ordered will be as good. Like the Prime clone I got, I suspect I'll be ordering the authentic o-ring spares bag which really improves it. The berserker mini hated me for a very long time until I finally sussed the build, being the only MTL tank I have to rake the wick on to make it shine for me.

Doggystyle is loved by a lot of people here too but again mine is mostly an ornament these days.

It'd be interesting to know what kind of draw you prefer as that can give people an inkling as to what maybe would please you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom