What's new

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

Yes I have tried all of the options the 0.8mm on one hole on the airflow ring is an extremely tight draw, with no insert and the airflow ring at its most open it is pretty airy but I don't think it would be a restricted DL in my opinion

Thank you for your thoughts on this RTA @SteveV. I will definitely pick one of these up after payday. It seems to tick all the right boxes for me :2thumbsup:

Thank you @SteveV.
I almost calmed down after buying Dvarw and FEB 4.5 There were no other desires.
But the release of this new device has caused me great interest.
I am attracted to devices with airflow control directly under the coil using changeable air jets.
I have very little left to make a final decision to buy it:2thumbsup:!.

Thank you @SteveV.
I almost calmed down after buying Dvarw and FEB 4.5 There were no other desires.
But the release of this new device has caused me great interest.
I am attracted to devices with airflow control directly under the coil using changeable air jets.
I have very little left to make a final decision to buy it:2thumbsup:!.

The Spica Pro is similar in that regard with changeable air pins. Can offer a very tight draw if that is your thing.

A brief update, I vaped this atty for 5 days after I got it and during that time I filled it 4 times. One minor niggle is that it is hard to see the wicking holes on the Gate because they are pretty small which means that turning off the juice flow is a bit of a pain, especially if the light isn't so good. As a bit of an experiment I tried filling it with the jfc left completely open. To my surprise this was no problem, no flooding, no gurgling, nothing. The more I use this atty the more I'm impressed with it.

A brief update, I vaped this atty for 5 days after I got it and during that time I filled it 4 times. One minor niggle is that it is hard to see the wicking holes on the Gate because they are pretty small which means that turning off the juice flow is a bit of a pain, especially if the light isn't so good. As a bit of an experiment I tried filling it with the jfc left completely open. To my surprise this was no problem, no flooding, no gurgling, nothing. The more I use this atty the more I'm impressed with it.

Thanks. It's good to know it's quirks

To celebrate pay day I've just ordered another one. 3.5ml as before but thought I'd try it in black this time

Hi,

Occasionally browse the forum, finally created an account to get involved.

Received mine today and I completely agree with what Steve has already said. For perspective, my previous vapes were the kayfun mini v3, kayfun 5s and an sxk doggy style 2k16. They are now sitting unused, going to get washed and stored tomorrow, apart from the mini v3. That one was binned after it got damaged.

Build quality is very good, no issues with threading at all on mine. Very smooth draw, no whistle, but I've only used it on one and two airflow dots with the 1.5mm insert. Feels solid to me, not budget.

I lubricate all orings with pure vg and have no problems with the jfc, takes a bit of force to spin though and as Steve said, can be hard to see the ports sometimes. The afc on mine is just right, smooth, not loose or tight.

However, be careful with the post screws, they seem to be very soft and I had problems trapping leads. I can't seem to trap the leads like others do on YouTube, the wire slips out from underneath the head, then gets trapped between the side of the screw head and the walls on the post, leaving the coil half loose... Tried with 26, 27 & 28g.

I have to resort to the old kayfun method of wrapping the wire 180 degrees around the screw, and that can be fiddly on this one but it works. I have managed to bend the heads of the stock screws though, that's what leads me to warn that they are on the soft side. I've emailed Mark to see if he can find the spec so I can order better quality spares.

First build is a 7-8 wrap, 2.5mm 27g kanthal, 14w on two airflow holes. Went through a few wire sizes trying to mount a coil. Wicking is straightforward, didn't need to comb my muji for the 2.5mm but needs to be cut shorter than you'd think, I use the deck oring as a reference, cut just before. No leaking, gurgling or dry hits (50/50 DIY) at all and I'm not usually the best at wicking...

I cannot comment on the flavour as I only have one juice at the moment and I can't taste it anymore but I can tell that I'm getting a perfectly saturated vape, even when chaining.

Apologies for the long post, but the more detailed the feedback, the better people can judge their own purchase. I know its fairly new, but I'm shocked there's not more buzz around this one.

Thanks for putting your feedback on here @Toastie and welcome. I would completely agree with what you have said. Funny you had trouble with the post screws, mine trapped the wire first time with no issues so either I was lucky or you were unlucky. Totally agree with your last statement "I'm shocked there's not more buzz around this one". At the end of the day it's a good quality authentic for the price of a clone.

Hi,

Occasionally browse the forum, finally created an account to get involved.

Received mine today and I completely agree with what Steve has already said. For perspective, my previous vapes were the kayfun mini v3, kayfun 5s and an sxk doggy style 2k16. They are now sitting unused, going to get washed and stored tomorrow, apart from the mini v3. That one was binned after it got damaged.

Build quality is very good, no issues with threading at all on mine. Very smooth draw, no whistle, but I've only used it on one and two airflow dots with the 1.5mm insert. Feels solid to me, not budget.

I lubricate all orings with pure vg and have no problems with the jfc, takes a bit of force to spin though and as Steve said, can be hard to see the ports sometimes. The afc on mine is just right, smooth, not loose or tight.

However, be careful with the post screws, they seem to be very soft and I had problems trapping leads. I can't seem to trap the leads like others do on YouTube, the wire slips out from underneath the head, then gets trapped between the side of the screw head and the walls on the post, leaving the coil half loose... Tried with 26, 27 & 28g.

I have to resort to the old kayfun method of wrapping the wire 180 degrees around the screw, and that can be fiddly on this one but it works. I have managed to bend the heads of the stock screws though, that's what leads me to warn that they are on the soft side. I've emailed Mark to see if he can find the spec so I can order better quality spares.

First build is a 7-8 wrap, 2.5mm 27g kanthal, 14w on two airflow holes. Went through a few wire sizes trying to mount a coil. Wicking is straightforward, didn't need to comb my muji for the 2.5mm but needs to be cut shorter than you'd think, I use the deck oring as a reference, cut just before. No leaking, gurgling or dry hits (50/50 DIY) at all and I'm not usually the best at wicking...

I cannot comment on the flavour as I only have one juice at the moment and I can't taste it anymore but I can tell that I'm getting a perfectly saturated vape, even when chaining.

Apologies for the long post, but the more detailed the feedback, the better people can judge their own purchase. I know its fairly new, but I'm shocked there's not more buzz around this one.

I don't doubt that it seems to be a really decent tank, especially at the price point. I think it's more about the timing though. The past year or so has been really good for MTL RTAs. Maybe it's getting to saturation level to some degree. It doesn't bring anything new to the table and unless your a big name (Kayfun etc) some of the less heard of products get passed over a bit. Maybe marketing is part of the issue also.
Anyway, thanks for your input. You might like to introduce yourself in New User Intros.

Back
Top Bottom