What's new

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

SteveV

Postman
I recently ordered one of these from NatureVape and it arrived today. I have had just a few hours to play around with it and thought I'd share how it has been so far.

The Gate comes in 2ml or 3.5ml varieties and they are only available from NatureVape:-

The 2ml
https://www.naturevape.co.uk/rebuildables/rta/gate-mtl-rta-by-ambition-mods-2ml

The 3.5ml
https://www.naturevape.co.uk/gate-mtl-rta-by-ambition-mods-3-5ml

There are a couple of videos on YouTube about this atty, one by Mark from NatureVape

and one from Carpvaper

Everything you need to know about the atty and building etc is in these videos, but I thought I would let you know my first impressions after just a few hours. In short, I like it a lot. It looks good, it's cheap, the build quality is excellent, it doesn't leak and it vapes really well. The main unique feature is the highly adjustable airflow control which will adjust using the bottom ring and the inserts from an airy MTL (but definitely not DL) down to a very tight draw.

As a test of sorts I decided to compare it to my latest acqisition an authentic 24ml Kayfun Lite (2019). I put the same juice in both and new similar builds in both (2.5mm id spaced coils using 27ga Kanthal, wicked with rayon). Both myself and the wife have compared them side by side at various times over this evening. Both of us thought that the KFL edged it for flavour, although both tasted great. The only gripes I have about the Gate are that the chimney is incredibly close to the build deck so it is very easy to get a short, you need to cut the wire very short to avoid this. All the screws are hex screws so you need the tool provided. The biggest draw back from my point of view is that NatureVape's courier is awful. My atty was supposed to be delivered on Monday but only turned up today and only then after me spending lots of time chasing it. Having said that I would definitely buy another one, just don't expect it to arrive when it's supposed to.

Any questions, please ask.

I recently ordered one of these from NatureVape and it arrived today. I have had just a few hours to play around with it and thought I'd share how it has been so far.

The Gate comes in 2ml or 3.5ml varieties and they are only available from NatureVape:-

The 2ml
https://www.naturevape.co.uk/rebuildables/rta/gate-mtl-rta-by-ambition-mods-2ml

The 3.5ml
https://www.naturevape.co.uk/gate-mtl-rta-by-ambition-mods-3-5ml

There are a couple of videos on YouTube about this atty, one by Mark from NatureVape

and one from Carpvaper

Everything you need to know about the atty and building etc is in these videos, but I thought I would let you know my first impressions after just a few hours. In short, I like it a lot. It looks good, it's cheap, the build quality is excellent, it doesn't leak and it vapes really well. The main unique feature is the highly adjustable airflow control which will adjust using the bottom ring and the inserts from an airy MTL (but definitely not DL) down to a very tight draw.

As a test of sorts I decided to compare it to my latest acqisition an authentic 24ml Kayfun Lite (2019). I put the same juice in both and new similar builds in both (2.5mm id spaced coils using 27ga Kanthal, wicked with rayon). Both myself and the wife have compared them side by side at various times over this evening. Both of us thought that the KFL edged it for flavour, although both tasted great. The only gripes I have about the Gate are that the chimney is incredibly close to the build deck so it is very easy to get a short, you need to cut the wire very short to avoid this. All the screws are hex screws so you need the tool provided. The biggest draw back from my point of view is that NatureVape's courier is awful. My atty was supposed to be delivered on Monday but only turned up today and only then after me spending lots of time chasing it. Having said that I would definitely buy another one, just don't expect it to arrive when it's supposed to.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks Steve. Keep us updated on what it's like to live with

A brief update - this morning I filled up the Gate, put it onto a black Pico, stuffed it in my pocket and went off to work. After a day of that, with me having a quick vape from time to time throughout the day, I checked it when I got home this evening. No leaking at all, no gurgling, no dry hits, it has been impeccable and it still tastes great. I'm really impressed, especially for £30.

A brief update - this morning I filled up the Gate, put it onto a black Pico, stuffed it in my pocket and went off to work. After a day of that, with me having a quick vape from time to time throughout the day, I checked it when I got home this evening. No leaking at all, no gurgling, no dry hits, it has been impeccable and it still tastes great. I'm really impressed, especially for £30.

That sounds very encouraging. Anything annoying, like filling it or sticky/ loose airflow ring?

Hi rew, honestly I can't say that there is anything annoying about it. The build quality is really good and everything just seems to work. The only negative thing I could think of is that the flavour is not quite as good as a kayfun which costs more than 3 times as much Even then you can only tell if you vape them side by side because the difference between them is very small. Some people might think the filling system is not great because you have to remove the fixing ring and the jfc adjustment just like on the Skyline but personally I don't find it a problem and filling is really quick and easy.

Hi rew, honestly I can't say that there is anything annoying about it. The build quality is really good and everything just seems to work. The only negative thing I could think of is that the flavour is not quite as good as a kayfun which costs more than 3 times as much Even then you can only tell if you vape them side by side because the difference between them is very small. Some people might think the filling system is not great because you have to remove the fixing ring and the jfc adjustment just like on the Skyline but personally I don't find it a problem and filling is really quick and easy.

Thanks for all that SteveV. Think those minor niggles would be ok to live with. It goes on the list to try.

Interesting RTA, watched Todds review and he suggests it will do restricted DTL as well if you remove the air insert, so even more bang for your buck.

Back
Top Bottom