What's new

Forget Pasito and marvel at the Marvel

Well if you're running crazy high wattages (like over 15) then 1300mAh will be an issue...
I'm not so sure. I use the Corals all day with 1100mah 18500's for mtl and don't have any issue's and in my experience lipo cell's seem to last longer. I've never had my ancient 2000 mah lipo coolfire run out on me ever.
I don't ever seem to be far from a sub charger at some point in the day either plus if your anything like me you use more than one flavour set up a day.

A few initial thoughts on the Hotcig Marvel.
Size comparison to Pal 2 and Pico

upload_2019-10-16_17-2-27.jpeg

For me the Marvel really is a looker and a very compact little package. It seems to be well built apart from one thing that is really annoying me. There is a lot of button rattle on the up/down buttons. It is very noticeable and really quite unforgivable.
The rest of the device seems fine. The fire button doesn't rattle and is nice and clicky. The airflow adjustment ring moves nicely and does actually give some decent restriction. The frame sleeve thingy fits snugly but removes quite easily. When holding the device this sleeve feels a bit slippy in the hand. I might get this covered with a textured leather effect if poss. The pod fits fine and is easy to fill. Charging is a bit slower than most these days as it charges at 1 amp.
I have only used the 1.2 ohm coil so far and flavour for me is pretty good. It's not on the level of the Pal HP coils though. Availability of coils and rbas is seriously lacking at this point and I can't properly assess this without trying everything out. The Nord coils are compatible with the Marvel and I will have to ask others on here about how well these will work for MTL.
Will report back some more when I have used this a bit more or when more info becomes available on coils/ rebuildables.

A few initial thoughts on the Hotcig Marvel.
Size comparison to Pal 2 and Pico

View attachment 202603

For me the Marvel really is a looker and a very compact little package. It seems to be well built apart from one thing that is really annoying me. There is a lot of button rattle on the up/down buttons. It is very noticeable and really quite unforgivable.
The rest of the device seems fine. The fire button doesn't rattle and is nice and clicky. The airflow adjustment ring moves nicely and does actually give some decent restriction. The frame sleeve thingy fits snugly but removes quite easily. When holding the device this sleeve feels a bit slippy in the hand. I might get this covered with a textured leather effect if poss. The pod fits fine and is easy to fill. Charging is a bit slower than most these days as it charges at 1 amp.
I have only used the 1.2 ohm coil so far and flavour for me is pretty good. It's not on the level of the Pal HP coils though. Availability of coils and rbas is seriously lacking at this point and I can't properly assess this without trying everything out. The Nord coils are compatible with the Marvel and I will have to ask others on here about how well these will work for MTL.
Will report back some more when I have used this a bit more or when more info becomes available on coils/ rebuildables.
Thanks @rew
I think you know I detested the nord coils but the .6 was ok. Maybe with the added restriction you might get lucky? I definitely wouldn’t recommend the .8 or higher.
Shame about the button rattle. Does look nice though.

Thanks @rew
I think you know I detested the nord coils but the .6 was ok. Maybe with the added restriction you might get lucky? I definitely wouldn’t recommend the .8 or higher.
Shame about the button rattle. Does look nice though.

I have a o.6 ohm included in the box. It looks like a rebranded Nord coil, so I can try that next and see if the restriction works. How many watts did you find the 0.6 Nord needed?

I have a o.6 ohm included in the box. It looks like a rebranded Nord coil, so I can try that next and see if the restriction works. How many watts did you find the 0.6 Nord needed?
Oh Christ I can’t remember now. Erm I think I started at 18 watts and ended up at 20-22 I think. Been so long now.

One to keep an eye on methinks...

Got the Pasito last weekend and have had a jolly pleasant time with it. Yep it's ugly as sin, but the MTL coils work well enough while the RBA head is on its way from FT.

But I do like the look of the Zero-a-like so I'll await further thoughts...

Got the Nautilus Mini tip on there now. Love the look

upload_2019-10-19_11-58-37.jpeg

Have been trying the supplied 0.6 ohm coil. It's a bit harsh for MTL vaping with 12mg. Flavour is stronger than 1.2 ohm coil and it's vapable, but not the most satisfying for me overall. Hoping the rebuildable options appear soon.

I can't believe I've only just looked in this thread for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom