What's new

For the Love of Nautilus

vestonpants

Postman
image.jpeg
Taking inspiration from @simong and his excellent For the Love of Corolla thread I thought I'd follow up with my homage to the Aspire Nautilus.

In my opinion this is the greatest family of vape products there has been. Like many fellow apes the Nautilus was the first "proper" tank I bought. Having dual-fuelled for a few months, struggling to get a decent vape from an ego pen and CE4 I took the plunge and invested a few quid in a Nautilus Mini and an iStick 30. The date was 13 June 2015 and it turned out to be the best few quid I have ever spent. The difference between the Naut and a CE 4 was like night and day. The flavour and throat hit was a revelation and I have never looked back. I have not had a smoke since that date and I credit this little tank for saving my life.

I have recommended the Naut to everyone who has asked for advice on starting vaping and all of them have been successful - including Mrs Pants and the father in law who was a 60 a day smoker! Over the last couple of years I have flirted with sub ohm vaping, rdas, mechs and even squonking but throughout that time I have always carried a Nautilus with me, although often as a back up. Over recent months I have become increasingly self conscious about blowing mahoosive clouds in public and have now returned exclusively to mtl vaping. The Nautilus has been central to this change.

Sure, the Naut is not perfect. The mini can be a pita to refill when the tank section welds itself to the base and the original can seep liquid through the airflow holes occasionally. I recognise that there are tanks on the market that now offer a better vape experience than the original Naut. Tanks like the Kabooki and Vika Fantasy may well have improved the vape from the Nautilus coils. The Nautilus X is a bit meh (although the 1.8 coils are better than the 1.5s) but the Nautilus 2 was a real return to form.

Overall, though, for its contribution to helping smokers quit the stinkies and its enduring performance l have to pay tribute to Aspire's little wonder tank.

I love the Nautilus ..... using one for the first time a couple of months after I started vaping was probably the moment vaping really 'clicked' with me and I realised that I wasn't going back to smoking this time. .... and even after all this time I still think the original 1.8 ohm is the best MTL stock coil ever made.

.... as a side note my best mate has my 2 Nautilus X's and he absolutely loves them, it's all he uses but he never really liked the original or the '2' so they do work better for some people... and so I think they are worthy of the Nautilus name and a good alternative for some people for whom the original didn't really work.

my well loved collection. :)

WP_20180218_21_05_52_Pro.jpg

Similar story. My first kit was pico + melo mini. Loved the mod but the lung hit wasn't what I was looking for. I bought triton 2 which was claimed to be capable of both. The vape from 1.8 coil and restricted drag told me I am definitely mtler. It also proved how much the construction of an atomizer influences the flavor. That led me to search for most recommended "mtl tank for flavor". Nautilus was the 3rd tank I've bought and still stays as no 1 tank with pre-made coils(haven't tried the kabuki yet though ;)). Nokomis on 2nd/3rd airflow hole is heavenly. Coils gunk up quite fast with sweet vapes though.

Although I have a large stash of rta/rda's I still pick up my original Nautilus for a toot each day, as it is my out and about at work tank. I also have the Nautilus 2 that gets an outing each week. This range of tanks has no doubt saved a lot of lives.

My Nautilus Mini is still being used (4 years old now) - it was my first decent tank,and the one that never lets me down.
It's the tank that kept me off the stinkies....and still does as I use it for 11/12 mg juice for those really stressful days.

I've got a couple of mini' s and a couple of full size' s a cage tank for each too. I've got them in the vape apocalypse box with two packs of 1.8 coils and and innokin sdna 20. A pico squeeze and strike rda.
If I get fed up of all this vape nonsense I know I'd be happy with these set ups unless something better ever comes along.
Can't fault the nautilus at all. Do I wish the coils lasted longer with my nanabhozo. Yes but that's like asking for magic. They are one of the longest lasting coils I've used. Love em.

also that blue eleaf 20w you have there on the left @vestonpants ...... that was the first mod I ever owned and what I quit smoking with. :)

also that blue eleaf 20w you have there on the left @vestonpants ...... that was the first mod I ever owned and what I quit smoking with. :)
Yep. It's the mod I bought in June 2015 and stopped smoking with. Never missed a beat and if it does eventually die I'll get another. Well I will if they still make em!

It's the 30 watt one though. Back then I liked to live dangerously :11:

Me and mrs kid got those too after the vapros spinner vv batteries. We laughed about the ridiculous high wattage that would never be used. Funny thing is now unless I'm sampling or reviewing a high vg liquid I spend the majority of my time well within the limit of the eleaf i 20 these day's.

Me and mrs kid got those too after the vapros spinner vv batteries. We laughed about the ridiculous high wattage that would never be used. Funny thing is now unless I'm sampling or reviewing a high vg liquid I spend the majority of my time well within the limit of the eleaf i 20 these day's.

Ten to twelve watts works fine for me now. I'm enjoying not having to charge batteries every 5 minutes or carrying a small Samsung warehouse around with me.

Back
Top Bottom