What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

For the love of Corolla

Simon G

Olympian
Here's the original 4 colours of the V1, Red/Orange and Blue/Purple/Green in various mixes, I own a Purple one.

V1 originals.jpg

64a833.jpg

Top View

CIFvE6R.jpg

Bottom View
sxk-corolla-rta-xsmokers.gr_.jpg

V1 top off.jpg

It's a great vape but not without a few niggles.... these were addressed in the V 1.5

These are my favourite Corolla 1.5's, the 'bright resin' version. They came in a pink/blue/yellow mix, blue/lime green mix, Maroon/Purple/Green mix, Green/Blue mix, Salmon Pink/Dark Blue mix and what looks like Orange/Purple mix. The only ones I don't have are the light blue/lime green and the Orange/Purple. ... I have two green/blue ones though, damn you Fasttech and your random mix nonsense!

13743081_855959844505235_379510668_n.jpg

They were also available in the 'Classic' resin colours of the V1, I believe M-Vapes had some 1.5's in the original blue/green/pruple mix .... I've never seen one for sale though. :(

They also released the V1.5 in a range of metal and plain plastic tops.

Corolla V1-5 Vape Tank.jpg

EF116EF0@57755416.B845695A.jpg

Here you can see the 3 different sizes of tank you get with the V 1.5 .... a nice addition.

13556984_809738115827926_800281359_n.jpg

... and here's the improved deck with it's gold screws, peek insulated positive post and larger fill 'funnel' .. as you can see this may look like other RDTA's on the outside but the airflow is like a 'normal' tank airflow and goes through the deck and out the 2 small holes under the coil. The coil sits right above by just a mm or two and I think this is why it has such great flavour.

SXK-Corolla-1-500x500.jpg

sxk-corolla-v15-vape-tank.jpg

I contacted SXK directly recently to inquire about getting some of the versions I don't have, especially the two 'bright resin' ones I don't have and maybe a couple of the classic colours. (hey, it is my favourite and most used tank .. don't judge me!) ... anyway I was told that they have no stock and all they have is 1 version of the all metal design left...

I fear these will be no more anywhere in 6 months, they still have a few of the 'plain plastic' ones available at fasttech but I doubt for much longer.

I'm hoping there will be a V2 but SXK seem more focused on bootlegging Kayfun Prime packaging at the moment which is sad.

Long live the Corolla. I love this little tank.

Last edited:
Would I like these Si ?

or are they a bit in the middle range airflow for me ?

I have a couple of the V1.5. They do go pretty tight if you close the airflow down. Not as tight as a Hellfire Dripper though ( not to my suction anyway).
I understand the Vape from the 1.5 is identical to the V1, different deck, to avoid possible shorting issues, and slightly enlarged juice holes.
I think it's a decent tank, and an Original! Not a clone, not a "style". Not sure why SXK don't release more?? Maybe it was made by them, for someone else?
I reckon MTL might be the surprise Vaping trend in 2018, so never know, they might be tempted if enough folk badger them for a re-run.

Here's the original 4 colours of the V1, Red/Orange and Blue/Purple/Green in various mixes, I own a Purple one.

View attachment 150250

Bottom View
View attachment 150249

View attachment 150251

It's a great vape but not without a few niggles.... these were addressed in the V 1.5

These are my favourite Corolla 1.5's, the 'bright resin' version. They came in a pink/blue/yellow mix, blue/lime green mix, Maroon/Purple/Green mix, Green/Blue mix, Salmon Pink/Dark Blue mix and what looks like Orange/Purple mix. The only ones I don't have are the light blue/lime green and the Orange/Purple. ... I have two green/blue ones though, damn you Fasttech and your random mix nonsense!

View attachment 150252

They were also available in the 'Classic' resin colours of the V1, I believe M-Vapes had some 1.5's in the original blue/green/pruple mix .... I've never seen one for sale though. :(

View attachment 150253
View attachment 150254

Here you can see the 3 different sizes of tank you get with the V 1.5 .... a nice addition.

View attachment 150255

... and here's the improved deck with it's gold screws, peek insulated positive post and larger fill 'funnel' .. as you can see this may look like other RDTA's on the outside but the airflow is like a 'normal' tank airflow and goes through the deck and out the 2 small holes under the coil. The coil sits right above by just a mm or two and I think this is why it has such great flavour.

View attachment 150256

View attachment 150257

I contacted SXK directly recently to inquire about getting some of the versions I don't have, especially the two 'bright resin' ones I don't have and maybe a couple of the classic colours. (hey, it is my favourite and most used tank .. don't judge me!) ... anyway I was told that they have no stock and all they have is 1 version of the all metal design left...

I fear these will be no more anywhere in 6 months, they still have a few of the 'plain plastic' ones available at fasttech but I doubt for much longer.

I'm hoping there will be a V2 but SXK seem more focused on bootlegging Kayfun Prime packaging at the moment which is sad.

Only just struck me how much sxk "borrowed" from the ameripoint nectar. These are available from ameripoint directly or a few top end vendors for about £100. Ft obviously carry clones too.
They come in three sizes too. Micro, mini and tank. They have pretty much exactly the same deck but just one exterior air hole.
3933000-1-thumb.jpg

Would I like these Si ?

I reckon the nectar would suit you too bud. Perhaps top end of your airflow preferences but bloody good.

View attachment 150250

View attachment 150247

Top View

View attachment 150248

Bottom View
View attachment 150249

View attachment 150251

View attachment 150252

View attachment 150253
View attachment 150254

View attachment 150255

View attachment 150256

View attachment 150257

Good thread mate. I think we should all do one.on our favourite mtl rta/rda' s and stock coil tanks sticking to your template.
Nice work.

Would I like these Si ?

To be honest I'm really not sure, you can tighten it down to one little bit of a single hole fairly easily, because the AFC is part of the top cap, so it's not loose like some AFC's can be.

I tend to use mine with just 1 single hole open, which is about the same size as the original Nautilus on the biggest hole maybe? Not super tight but a fairly 'average' mtl airflow I'd say.

I think you just need to try one really, I think everyone should. :D

They are the one bit of gear that's really stuck for me.

Only just struck me how much sxk "borrowed" from the ameripoint nectar. These are available from ameripoint directly or a few top end vendors for about £100. Ft obviously carry clones too.
They come in three sizes too. Micro, mini and tank. They have pretty much exactly the same deck but just one exterior air hole.
View attachment 150259

You are bang on there .... this deck is basically identical to the Corolla V1 deck, it even has the same screws! ... only real difference is the massive fill hole, is there a bung for that?

Capture.PNG

I'll do some more posts with broken down pics and tips and stuff when I get time too.

Ooooh!! Never even heard of Ameripoint Nectar before, so maybe the Corolla is a clone??
I thought of using "Sugru" or silver solder to close down airflow holes, but haven't experimented yet.
I do like the Corolla, but would prefer a larger tank.
I get through 10ml+ a day at less than 20w, and filling the Corona is a bit of a faff for all day vaping

Back
Top Bottom