What's new

Flax Cotton? or vertical wrapped coil RTA?

There's some superb MTL RTA's out there but I still haven't found one as good as the Vaporesso XTRA 1.2 Ohm Regular for flavour using regular wire.

It's only when I got back to using it after a couple of weeks of testing RTA's that it really stands out.

I can only think this is down to 2 factors:
  • Flax Cotton - I've been using Vaporesso coils for a while and none have stunned me until the new GTX and newer pod range which boast a new 'Flax Cotton', I have no idea what this is exactly but it works a charm.
  • Vertical wrapped coil - when you look at the pod in the XTRA the coil and wick must be tiny so surely nothing special there?
Vertical coils are nothing new in stock coils and I've tried doing vertical builds in the Oumier VLS RDA but I can't remember seeing any mainstream MTL RTA's?

Does anyone know something I'm missing? is there a cotton I am missing out on? I've tried Muji, Firebolt, Labo, Bacon and a few other randoms and for MTL I haven't really noticed much difference so generally use Muji.

I'm all for learning new tricks so opinions welcome.

This looked interesting

I've built a few vertical coils over the year's. They can be great and the pandora is a perfect deck for one.
as you say the best of the previous generations of coils like nautilus and kangers where vertical.
wicking is absolutely key. I think it's the fact that the airflow completely comes through the coil like a straw, picking up all the flavour and vapour on the way.
has to be said that vaporesso have done some amazing work on the tech side too. The power is delivered so smartly insuring a perfect vape. It's kind of a wattage/ t c Hybrid now.

I think it's the fact that the airflow completely comes through the coil like a straw, picking up all the flavour and vapour on the way.
Exactly right :2thumbsup:

If anyone has the XTRA it is a perfect illustration of a vertical coil in a tiny space, its nothing new in its design so there must be some trickery in the wicking material methinks, rolled sheets of cotton, I think I will do a podautopsy when I get chance and see what the sheets are like. - perhaps it's bed linen with a high toggle count? :18:

I think it's you that's more important than anything inside the coil.

My best mate still thinks the Nautilus X is the best tank ever made, he won't vape anything else and he's tried everything I've owned.

The biggest difference between between your vaping experience and my vaping experience is you and me, not magical cotton.

Following this thread with great interest. This notion of a vertical coil is new to me and I'm finding it intriguing. Ordering the Pandora in the next week or 2, so I may have to give it a whirl.

Cheers, gents.

I think it's you that's more important than anything inside the coil.

My best mate still thinks the Nautilus X is the best tank ever made, he won't vape anything else and he's tried everything I've owned.

The biggest difference between between your vaping experience and my vaping experience is you and me, not magical cotton.
Agreed.
I said before. I let a few of the guy's in town taste the original chiri sun years back and they hated it, wtf. Have to accept that everyone is different. Never liked the x myself but my daughter loved it.

Back
Top Bottom