What's new

Flash e-Vapor v4.5s - Any good?

Just have to be careful it seems, keeping it straight and true. Well she's built and wicked up, apologies for the blurry wick picture.

View attachment 225284
View attachment 225283

Started at 10w and still sitting there. Put the Tribute Powow in, couldn't wait.

Draw is actually very nice, I see what you mean about it being slow. I might consider switching the screw in future when they arrive, but I'm liking the way it feels right now.

Waiting to see if my wicking holds, with a 2.5mm coil I wasn't sure if I had enough bulk above the screws to make contact with the wicks.

How far do we actually fill the tank up? I filled it to just under the metal section inside, didn't feel like I got 4.5ml in there but I must have since the bottle has gone down quite a bit.

Looks like you've got more wick in there than me. Mine just touches the deck. Anyway, whatever works for you is the right thing to do.

Looks like you've got more wick in there than me. Mine just touches the deck. Anyway, whatever works for you is the right thing to do.

Working a treat for me. I don't want to speak too soon, I'll wait a few days for my full opinion. The only thing I will say with confidence is that the draw is unlike anything I've used, so smooth and not a kick in the arse off being completely silent.

Working a treat for me. I don't want to speak too soon, I'll wait a few days for my full opinion. The only thing I will say with confidence is that the draw is unlike anything I've used, so smooth and not a kick in the arse off being completely silent.

I find it can be difficult to assess and describe a draw like this. It's a 'slow' draw for me but saying how tight it actually is, is another matter. I think I could grow to love this tank.

I find it can be difficult to assess and describe a draw like this. It's a 'slow' draw for me but saying how tight it actually is, is another matter. I think I could grow to love this tank.

Completely agree. I couldn't compare the tightness to anything I own. I can only say I get a lovely slow, long draw from it. No squeezing or wheezing that I sometimes get from traditional RTA's due to condensation.

I don't think I even need to grow to love it, right now I think I've found the one for me.

The only two things that may change that are:

Do I have any trouble with the o-rings getting damaged over time?

Do my subsequent builds run the same as this one?

I suspect they will run the same, it's very rare for me to get a good wick on my first or even 3rd build.

I'll know for sure soon, usually takes me 2-3 days. I have refilled it once, not a hint of any issues, it vaped the same after filling as it did immediately before hand. The o-ring holding the tank section on seems to drag a little for the last turn or so, I wouldn't call it tight, just drags.

Clone/Chinese o-rings aren't the best, my biggest worry is they don't seem to sell any spares that I can find. Unlike the Doggystyle clone, you had spares on sale for each piece.

Completely agree. I couldn't compare the tightness to anything I own. I can only say I get a lovely slow, long draw from it. No squeezing or wheezing that I sometimes get from traditional RTA's due to condensation.

I don't think I even need to grow to love it, right now I think I've found the one for me.

The only two things that may change that are:

Do I have any trouble with the o-rings getting damaged over time?

Do my subsequent builds run the same as this one?

I suspect they will run the same, it's very rare for me to get a good wick on my first or even 3rd build.

I'll know for sure soon, usually takes me 2-3 days. I have refilled it once, not a hint of any issues, it vaped the same after filling as it did immediately before hand. The o-ring holding the tank section on seems to drag a little for the last turn or so, I wouldn't call it tight, just drags.

Clone/Chinese o-rings aren't the best, my biggest worry is they don't seem to sell any spares that I can find. Unlike the Doggystyle clone, you had spares on sale for each piece.

Glad it's working for you so far. Might be worth getting some original spares for it. Will have a look and see what's available.

Glad it's working for you so far. Might be worth getting some original spares for it. Will have a look and see what's available.

If the clone is 1:1 on the machining diameters then that could work. They do sell them at the official site, I checked a while back. So yeah, right now my only concern is longevity, not that I've had any issues with them so far, just you know how it is with some clones.

If the clone is 1:1 on the machining diameters then that could work. They do sell them at the official site, I checked a while back. So yeah, right now my only concern is longevity, not that I've had any issues with them so far, just you know how it is with some clones.

Yep, O rings could be a weak point on any clone. Would be worth getting a load of spares if it is 'the' tank for you.

It's here, washed, dried, lubricated and back together.

Deck still seems a bit on the tight side even when both the o-ring and barrel is lubricated, hopefully it'll loosen off. I've heard reports of the stainless wicks being too loose, when I popped mine in, they hold nicely. I'm impressed with the fit and finish so far.

Going to put a build in soon, not sure if I can use the Manabush now as it was nic'd up about half an hour ago. @ZT What do you recommend? I've always bought 10ml bottles in the past.
Which flavour ? It won’t do you any harm anyway! But will get deeper over time

Which flavour ? It won’t do you any harm anyway! But will get deeper over time

Started on the Powow as I couldn't help myself. So the other 30ml of Powow is steeping, as are the two 30ml of Chiri Sun.

Yep, O rings could be a weak point on any clone. Would be worth getting a load of spares if it is 'the' tank for you.

Definitely. I'll order them and see, but only once I've had to use the spares I've got, might never come to that.

To reiterate for those watching the thread, no issues with them, apart from having to be careful putting the deck back on. The only reason I'm mentioning it is seeing as this could be the tank for me, I could have it on the go for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom