What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Flash e-Vapor v4.5s - Any good?

Toastie

Achiever
In the market for maybe picking up a new MTL RTA, was going to go for the Berserker v2, but seems it isn't out in the UK yet.

I've seen Ecigone are doing the YFTK clone, looks very interesting.

There's very few videos, especially in English. Looks to me like it would be too airy or a pain to position the coil due to the single side airflow.

I hear they are known for good flavour and fantastic throat hit.

Anyone one own one, clone or authentic? What's your opinion?

Cheers.

@instantlady is a fan of the FEVs. i don’t think she’s been posting for a while though.

with one side open it looks like you could just do the coil with the legs to the same side and mount it to the one side of the posts. should be pretty straightforward i think.

it’s a big beast of a thing, mind!

@instantlady is a fan of the FEVs. i don’t think she’s been posting for a while though.

with one side open it looks like you could just do the coil with the legs to the same side and mount it to the one side of the posts. should be pretty straightforward i think.

it’s a big beast of a thing, mind!

I've noticed the size, but sometimes I like to try quirky looking things. I've seen it coiled both ways to be fair. Looks like the airflow is still quite a distance from the coil, even if mounted to the side, that's my worry. We're always told to put the coil a mm or so from the airflow.

Also interested in the draw, smallest is a 1.2mm, I'm usually in the 1.0mm or below territory.

I can either take a gamble, or go for the safe option, leaning more towards gamble at the moment.

@Toastie i think with side airflow it’s a bit different. i sometimes use clones of the origen and next era, which both have vertical coils and a good few mm between the airhole and the coil. also le zephyr, and all the mtl drippers with holes in the side. you’ll have long wicks in that as well so could compensate for slightly longer legs to get the coil a bit closer to the side.

no idea why i seem to be encouraging you to get one of these, i’ve never even tried one :D

@Toastie i think with side airflow it’s a bit different. i sometimes use clones of the origen and next era, which both have vertical coils and a good few mm between the airhole and the coil. also le zephyr, and all the mtl drippers with holes in the side. you’ll have long wicks in that as well so could compensate for slightly longer legs to get the coil a bit closer to the side.

My only experience of side airflow like this is with dippers, but you're usually sucking so hard that it doesn't really matter as the air is moving fast. I'd expect the air to be moving slower with MTL, resulting in the air being pulled up a bit and missing the coil... Not sure if that is possible, not sure on airflow dynamics. Never used anything MTL that has only had side airflow.

no idea why i seem to be encouraging you to get one of these, i’ve never even tried one :D

Looks like I'll be the Guinea Pig, no harm in that. I've been meaning to pick up the Merlin Nano for a while now, but I'm not in the mood at the moment if that makes sense.

9573938D-25A7-4142-A2EA-E0BF9A3D2C80.jpeg 7703931E-E2D4-4430-9EAA-293EED4D46C6.jpeg E41BE967-C839-4394-8B23-4CD15F112C1E.jpeg Sorry, only just seen this but I have 3 FeVs and absolutely love them.
I have 2 4.5E and one of the 18ml V2.
The draw is possibly the smoothest that you’ll ever encounter.
As to coil placement, I haven’t run any of mine other than coil above screws and have always got tremendous flavour and a surprising amount of vapour.
Some may say that the 18ml version produces more throat hit, but I find them all to be pretty equal?

My only experience of side airflow like this is with dippers, but you're usually sucking so hard that it doesn't really matter as the air is moving fast. I'd expect the air to be moving slower with MTL, resulting in the air being pulled up a bit and missing the coil... Not sure if that is possible, not sure on airflow dynamics. Never used anything MTL that has only had side airflow.

Looks like I'll be the Guinea Pig, no harm in that. I've been meaning to pick up the Merlin Nano for a while now, but I'm not in the mood at the moment if that makes sense.

i seem to use side airflow devices more than anything else these days. there’s something about the simplicity of it that i like and i think i prefer the quality of the airflow and vapour. it definitely works for mtl.

if you’re okay with the size i think the FEV would be worth a try. there are people that rave about them. you’ll need a giant mod for it though!

i seem to use side airflow devices more than anything else these days. there’s something about the simplicity of it that i like and i think i prefer the quality of the airflow and vapour. it definitely works for mtl.

if you’re okay with the size i think the FEV would be worth a try. there are people that rave about them. you’ll need a giant mod for it though!

The Kroma-R in stainless is all I've got for it, apart from my emergency backup iStick Melo. Had a clear out of nearly everything vape related, all my RTA's went, only kept the Hastur Mini and a few stock coil MTL tanks.

Should be alright on there, 23mm will fit. It'll probably match the height of the mod though.

It'll probably help me with the wicking, I can't be bothered with faffing about raking and cutting tails to size to fit them inside tiny juice channels anymore. Just rebuilt my Hastur Mini and the channels always seem too small, even if I wick lightly. This looks like it'll be a case of stick the wick in, position it and off you go.

View attachment 224908 View attachment 224909 View attachment 224910 Sorry, only just seen this but I have 3 FeVs and absolutely love them.
I have 2 4.5E and one of the 18ml V2.
The draw is possibly the smoothest that you’ll ever encounter.
As to coil placement, I haven’t run any of mine other than coil above screws and have always got tremendous flavour and a surprising amount of vapour.
Some may say that the 18ml version produces more throat hit, but I find them all to be pretty equal?

Thanks, just missed your reply there, no idea how...

How tight would you say it is with the 1.2mm screw on one side and the other closed off? Not sure on the authentic but the clone's smallest screw is 1.2mm.

Back
Top Bottom