Vape Superstore
What's new

Finally had a go !!

Tobytyke

Achiever
Peeps. While I wait for my order from FT with the Ares & wire,cotton etc I thought I’m gonna have a go at this building lark. Remembering I’d bought a couple of those Quad flex kits from Cloudstix a few weeks back, this was going to be my guinea pig.

After watching several videos I finally had a crack at it when I got home from work earlier. I’m not gonna lie, I found it tricky. The deck in that kit is only 22mm & I put both coils in what came in the pack, which were bloody small IMO. I built it up in the RDA configuration.Not mouth to lung I know !! But seemed simpler for me.

With minimal tools (until my order arrives) it was a pain. I used my FJ200 to build it on. Adjusted the coils etc as best I could. Took out any hot spots as best I could as well. I used my mod to read the resistance which showed 0.38ohm. Wick them up using the provided cotton in the kit. Primed with some juice & stuck the cover on.

Set the watts to 35w & give it a shot. Not bad I thought, not bad at all. I must have done something right as I was getting some flavour & vapour :18:. Not certain on the amount of cotton I needed though, but I guess I’ll figure all that out with time & plenty of practice. Ill be brutally honest, it doesn’t look the prettiest build even to me. Being ex military I’m quite anal about things being as perfect as I can get them :28: so I can imagine building the Ares will take me a while. Just hope it’s a little easier to build on than the Quad flex.

Anyway, just wanted to share this with y’all & can’t wait to get going properly in a week or so’s time.

Lee :14:

E-liquids.com
Peeps. While I wait for my order from FT with the Ares & wire,cotton etc I thought I’m gonna have a go at this building lark. Remembering I’d bought a couple of those Quad flex kits from Cloudstix a few weeks back, this was going to be my guinea pig.

After watching several videos I finally had a crack at it when I got home from work earlier. I’m not gonna lie, I found it tricky. The deck in that kit is only 22mm & I put both coils in what came in the pack, which were bloody small IMO. I built it up in the RDA configuration.Not mouth to lung I know !! But seemed simpler for me.

With minimal tools (until my order arrives) it was a pain. I used my FJ200 to build it on. Adjusted the coils etc as best I could. Took out any hot spots as best I could as well. I used my mod to read the resistance which showed 0.38ohm. Wick them up using the provided cotton in the kit. Primed with some juice & stuck the cover on.

Set the watts to 35w & give it a shot. Not bad I thought, not bad at all. I must have done something right as I was getting some flavour & vapour :18:. Not certain on the amount of cotton I needed though, but I guess I’ll figure all that out with time & plenty of practice. Ill be brutally honest, it doesn’t look the prettiest build even to me. Being ex military I’m quite anal about things being as perfect as I can get them :28: so I can imagine building the Ares will take me a while. Just hope it’s a little easier to build on than the Quad flex.

Anyway, just wanted to share this with y’all & can’t wait to get going properly in a week or so’s time.

Lee :14:

Well done. Sounds like you are well on the way. Think you'll find the Ares easier to build on.

May I ask, whilst subjective. What are people’s thoughts on the Berserker as I’ve seen i5 for £18.99 & wondered whether it’d be worth a punt or not. Can’t remember if I’ve read pr3vious comments on it leaking like a biatch :18:

AcmeFog
Think the Beserker is a bit marmite. Couldn't get the wicking right personally, but others love it. Flavour is supposed to be really good if you get it right.

The flavour is amazing when you get it right. The leaking every time you refill makes it one for the dusty shelf of naughty vape items.

Smoore
I loved my zerker... found i had to over stuff it to make sure it didnt leak but too much stuffin gave a dry hit.... when i got it right it was right up my alley. Tight draw and meaty mtl vape.

I am sure the Ares will be easier for you to build on, its design is well thought out. I preferred the Berserker mini because it has a tighter draw but it might be a bit too tight for you maybe.
As for wicking I usually stick to the same coil because I like a certain range of higher ohms. The advantage of that is that the required wick is mostly the same each time and after some practice you could rebuild and wick perfectly in less than a minute [emoji4]

Vape Green
Y
I am sure the Ares will be easier for you to build on, its design is well thought out. I preferred the Berserker mini because it has a tighter draw but it might be a bit too tight for you maybe.
As for wicking I usually stick to the same coil because I like a certain range of higher ohms. The advantage of that is that the required wick is mostly the same each time and after some practice you could rebuild and wick perfectly in less than a minute [emoji4]

Yes, I’m probably gonna go for around 1ohm there or there abouts on the Ares. I think :18:
I say hat as I use the 1.6 coil in the Zenith so thinking that’ll be a good starting point.

I love my Berserker Minis, and both have behaved impeccably from day 1 ....... but I've heard so many people say they have had leaking issues I can only assume they just happen to suit my style of wicking ....... so I'm now wary of recommending them.

Innokin
...... well actually they were a pain to get out of the box and I had a hassle with the tops and the o-rings ........ and swore at them a lot at first .... but after that they were fine, and they never leaked on me, and I love them now! :D

Back
Top Bottom