What's new

Emergency - best mtl

Rather predictably, I'll suggest the Kroma-R Zlide set up. Also a decent mid-priced RTA like the Glaz Mini. Piss about with the rebuildable whilst sucking on a quality sub-ohm tank. Everyone's a winner, bayb-eh.

some "retro" advice from the days of eGos - make sure the device has good battery life OR just have 2 devices. One of the most annoying things for someone who wants to switch to vaping is craving a smoke and finding out your device is dead.

I'd say get 2 pods or 1 MTL "starter kit" with replacement batteries or a spare mod.

Thanks for the suggestions folks :worship: I've found a just fog mini (if the bloody thing works) and a new unused pod, going to throw some unflavoured 12mg juice in there and see how that goes, I don't want her coughing on it, so better to start with 12mg over 18. Too much coughing will make vaping a non starter, even though the coughing won't last long, a few days to a week maybe. It's hard to explain to someone that vaping is better than smoking, whilst someone coughs like hell on a vape but not on a fag or (joint).

some "retro" advice from the days of eGos - make sure the device has good battery life OR just have 2 devices. One of the most annoying things for someone who wants to switch to vaping is craving a smoke and finding out your device is dead.

I'd say get 2 pods or 1 MTL "starter kit" with replacement batteries or a spare mod.

Been looking at Innokin Endura T18s, my eldest daughter uses them and loves them, she is obsessed with getting enough nicotine, so if they work for her...

Been looking at Innokin Endura T18s, my eldest daughter uses them and loves them, she is obsessed with getting enough nicotine, so if they work for her...
Yep, those might work, just be sure to get MTL stuff. I know several people who tried to quit smoking but couldn't get used to DTL vaping and went back to cigs.

If I was to set someone up that hasn't vaped before with a quit the ciggies setup I would probably advise to start off with a simple pod with 20mg nic salts:

Currently I would say the Vaporesso XTRA for ease of use, draw activated with zero settings.

Shame it isn't available yet but the new Vaporesso XROS is the best pod I have tried to date, adjustable airflow makes it the tightest MTL draw in a pod I've tried.

I know some people don't get the whole Nic Salts thing but I struggled with freebase when I started vaping as you don't get that quick nic fix that you get with nic salts, especially in the mornings or times where you have cravings.

For a longer lasting battery setup I would go with @rew suggestion of the GTX ONE, there's little they need to know about settings, simple wattage is all and the 1.2ohm coils are ideal for freebase & nic salts.

I know some people don't get the whole Nic Salts thing but I struggled with freebase when I started vaping as you don't get that quick nic fix that you get with nic salts, especially in the mornings or times where you have cravings.

For a longer lasting battery setup I would go with @rew suggestion of the GTX ONE, there's little they need to know about settings, simple wattage is all and the 1.2ohm coils are ideal for freebase & nic salts.

Thanks Mate, do new vapers cough less on Nic salts? I know nothing about them, would a lower mg be required?

Thanks Mate, do new vapers cough less on Nic salts? I know nothing about them, would a lower mg be required?
Nic salts are smoother than freebase, 20mg is the ideal strength for quitting, they aren't as hard on your throat compared to high mg freebase, pretty sure most new vapers cough whichever option you go for, same as a new smoker coughing I guess?

It's a gamble either way. It can cause a thickly cough and sneezing for some, it does for me and quite a few others. Recently found out it is more common than people think.

Nic salts would be best if she doesn't have a slight reaction, I doubt she will but there is a small chance.

Back
Top Bottom