What's new

Ehpro True wicking

Ioan1337

Hi,

My shipping with the Ehpro True MTL RTA arrived yesterday and since then i’m trying to get a good wick but no luck.I tried lots of methods( thick cotton, less cotton, to touch the base/ not touching the base, watched loads of YouTube tutorials) but all i get is some some weird cotton(dry?) hits with some kind of muted flavor. The wire i’m using is Vandy Vape Ni80 super fine claptons 30x2ga+38, And tried also all kind of builds, now i have 2,5mm at 0,84 ohm and the juice I do the tests is Naked Lava Flow with 10ml of nic.I used berseker mini, the old model not 1.5, till yesterday and that tank seemed easier to wick and gave me good flavour.

Any sugestions?

Hi,

My shipping with the Ehpro True MTL RTA arrived yesterday and since then i’m trying to get a good wick but no luck.I tried lots of methods( thick cotton, less cotton, to touch the base/ not touching the base, watched loads of YouTube tutorials) but all i get is some some weird cotton(dry?) hits with some kind of muted flavor. The wire i’m using is Vandy Vape Ni80 super fine claptons 30x2ga+38, And tried also all kind of builds, now i have 2,5mm at 0,84 ohm and the juice I do the tests is Naked Lava Flow with 10ml of nic.I used berseker mini, the old model not 1.5, till yesterday and that tank seemed easier to wick and gave me good flavour.

Any sugestions?
you are defo using too much cotton

Can i ask - are you using something like cotton bacon - or high absorbency vaping cotton ? these will not work well in the true .. it needs Muji .. and the cotton is best placed halfway down the threads .. not touching the base .. or even at the top of the base

You need to use less than you think.

you are defo using too much cotton

Can i ask - are you using something like cotton bacon - or high absorbency vaping cotton ? these will not work well in the true .. it needs Muji .. and the cotton is best placed halfway down the threads .. not touching the base .. or even at the top of the base

You need to use less than you think.

I have something called Pilotvape Cloud cotton at hand now, i will order some Muji and see how it goes, thank you :)

I have something called Pilotvape Cloud cotton at hand now, i will order some Muji and see how it goes, thank you :)
That will almost defo be the problem - these cottons are fine in drippers where the swelling and high absorbency is desirable - in a small tank with limited juice channels they just swell up and block off the juice flow

you should have got a square of muji with the true tank

I used Cotton Gods in mine which I’m guessing is similar to bacon? I wicked to flush with the bottom side of the juice port and always thinned the ends. Never had a dry hit or something even close to one. Used to love this tank.

I used Cotton Gods in mine which I’m guessing is similar to bacon?

I tried a small amount of bacon and found it swelled more than gods.

Whether that would make a difference in this tank I don't know, and due to the extremely limited sample sizes I can't say whether it's consistent either...

Back
Top Bottom