What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ehpro True MTL RTA

Doesn’t make sense to me either - And yet it’s a thing in this tank.

Doesn’t make sense to me either - And yet it’s a thing in this tank.

you don't think it could just be a coincidence? ... or that by making them shorter it's effecting the way you wick it in some other way?

I'm just curious because it's not something I've experienced before..... I don't think anyway.

you don't think it could just be a coincidence? ... or that by making them shorter it's effecting the way you wick it in some other way?

I'm just curious because it's not something I've experienced before..... I don't think anyway.
No it’s defo a thing

We have around 16 of these at the cafe as testers

And I have 5 of them, I’ve done pretty extensive testing! If you put the cotton below the deck - it is way more likely to flood - ask @Chris K or @Huggett

Also I think @Joe 90 found shortening the wicks sorted his flood issues out.

I never had any because I didn’t go down to the deck right from the off, largely because of the hastur ... which I find does the same thing.

I suspect there are margins of error where it won’t do it (depending on amount of cotton used etc) but for my wicking style it’s defo a thing

He's_right_you_know.jpg

Oh yeah me and Chris made them flood :D

Same as ZT just yesterday made all 3 new ones being used leak like sieves :D

But on a serious note, yep. Too long a wick and you've got 9 tanks you need to clean up after.

:banghead:

Last edited:
Could it be that filling it from the top, if the wick is below the chamber it starts wicking liquid to the coil before the level of liquid in the tank reaches the bottom of the chamber? At this point there would be no vacuum or resistance to the liquid running out the bottom (if enough wicks into the chamber prior to it being filled to the level of the wick holes, that is).

Whereas, if the wick is short of the bottom of the chamber, the lower part of the tank fills, before liquid wicks into the chamber and creates a partial vacuum, preventing liquid pouring out?

So essentially, with shorter wicks, the weight of gravity and the liquid prevents itself running up into the chamber and leaking; whereas with longer wicks that process has already started before the liquid level in the tank even gets there?

I’m not sure if I explained t very well but I can see it in a mental diagram...

Could it be that filling it from the top, if the wick is below the chamber it starts wicking liquid to the coil before the level of liquid in the tank reaches the bottom of the chamber? At this point there would be no vacuum or resistance to the liquid running out the bottom (if enough wicks into the chamber prior to it being filled to the level of the wick holes, that is).

Whereas, if the wick is short of the bottom of the chamber, the lower part of the tank fills, before liquid wicks into the chamber and creates a partial vacuum, preventing liquid pouring out?

So essentially, with shorter wicks, the weight of gravity and the liquid prevents itself running up into the chamber and leaking; whereas with longer wicks that process has already started before the liquid level in the tank even gets there?

I’m not sure if I explained t very well but I can see it in a mental diagram...
I understood what you mean, sounds very plausible.

And on deep thought and reflection I think I dont care about the science of it - I just know it’s less likely to leak if you dont put it down to the deck - and in my currently very full head - that’s as much as I need to know :)

Last edited:
So .... finally got round to this. Not too sure about the twisty topfill, and I HATE the stock driptip with a vengeance looks minging instantly with dark juices and it's too fat for my dainty kisser. But having said that I do like it - flavour is great, really great. It did leak (badly) on my first attempt ....... but I'll admit to being a bit cavalier with the wicking (I wicked it the way I would a doggy, forgetting this is topfill and likely to be a bit more sensitive .... and it is) and the second and third goes have been fine.

Anyone else had it leak on them?

View attachment 179161

.... and look @andyroo !! ;)
I have the same setup but not that lovely drip tip! Is that one of Lee's tips? As for leaks not had any on the two I have, must be lucky!!!

Back
Top Bottom