POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Ehpro True MTL RTA

Discussion in 'Mouth to Lung Vaping' started by Crewella, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Traian Nitu

Traian Nitu Initiate

I'll take pics tomorrow if I still fail on attempt #4..

• Like Like x 3
  2. Traian Nitu

Traian Nitu Initiate

I didn't pay too much attention to the glass but I had no leaks except the holes. I'll inspect it more closely tomorrow morning (I am on the EET timezone). Also, I will try my own coil, until now I used the premade one that came in the package. And I set it under the clamp, I will try it around the screws this time, it will be 1mm higher by default.
    Many thanks for your answers and excuse my English.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rew

rew Achiever

I find the screws easy to trap the wire. Never bothered with the clamps

• Like Like x 5
  4. Fuctifino

Fuctifino Postman

Yeah only went under the clamps once only and noticed just how damn low it placed the coil by default - yeah forget the clamps

as @rew said the screw heads are decent size and trap the wire easily - especially if you slightly bend the wire around at ends
    as long as you place the wire to the left of screw it will be fine
    if you lay the wire to right of screw head, as it tightens it can tend to try fight/push the wire away, it will work OK if you are careful
    but tbh, as a general rule of thumb, lay wire to left of screw head and it should bite/grip/hold in place very well when tightening

• Like Like x 5
  5. mattyk2010

mattyk2010 Veteran

The only thing those clamps are good for is pissing you off when you wash the deck and they turn round

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Deaf Vaper

Deaf Vaper Achiever

I had a little bit of gurgling with my true, the first time i set it up. i put it down to not enough cotton wicking, hence the dome was flooding slightly. Fixed that on me 2nd wick. I seem to be lucky with my bubble glass extentions though...they fit it nice n tight.

#126 Deaf Vaper, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Traian Nitu

Traian Nitu Initiate

Alright, I'm back. I think the problem is gone now. I have used my own clasic kanthal coil and trap it under the screws. Damn the clamps! :)

Many thanks for the swift and helpful replies!

(I'll test the bubble glass later, i'm not curious for now, I like the slick look of the tank on top of the ehpro 101 mod)

• Like Like x 4
  8. rew

rew Achiever

Good to hear. Any further issues get back to us.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Traian Nitu

Traian Nitu Initiate

OK, one hour later, I got the same problem. I'll now focus on the glass and the o rings. :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fuctifino

Fuctifino Postman

Depending on your climate and just clutching at straws or just mentioning it.....

What ratio is your juice - you might benefit from a slightly thicker/higher VG ratio perhaps if it is quite warm where you live
    in hotter climates a thinner juice might weep/leak a little more than a thicker juice
    say if you live rather hot climate a std 50/50 might be prone to weeping than say a 60/40 or 70/30 if in a really really hot country

(just you mentioned about your time zone and English not perhaps being your native language - hence mentioning hot climate)

but yeah check glass/seals and also check the 510 pin is tightened up OK & not loose
    (had one tank arrive with the 510 pin a bit loose and now always check they are fixed correctly before using)

• Like Like x 1