What's new

Dvarw or Kayfun? (Or other)

For those with these tanks - can you get a 3mm coil in there, or are you limited to 2.5mm?
From what I can see it’s 2.5, but wondered if anyone had managed to squeeze a 3 in.
3mm ID coil is doable, though I wouldn't suggest doing that in such a small sized bell.

It might be purely psychological, but when I switched from a 2.5 to 3ml coil in the two tanks I use most (Hastur and Nevermore), I found the flavour to be more pronounced (not massively, but I did think I could tell the difference).

Not a deal-breaker if not, was just curious.

why not just put more wraps on the smaller coil? i think if there is a difference it could be caused by the amount of wire, rather than the diameter of the coil.

Purely out of curiosity I rebuilt with a 2.5mm coil. No difference, I don't know what I'm on about :D

Ordered a clone of each from FT - hopefully they'll be close enough to give me an impression of the genuine article.

I'm surprised the Dvarw is getting so many votes. I have authentic in both and the KFL is head and shoulders ahead for me.

If you vape tobacco the Dvarw really struggles, throat hit too.

TBH I'm almost thinking of selling my Dvarws as I just can't get great flavour from it at all.

Ordered a clone of each from FT - hopefully they'll be close enough to give me an impression of the genuine article.

Honestly that is the only real way to find out. Have tried many clones in the past before buying the original. Mostly you get the same experience to the original with clones these days.

i think the lite is a bit disappointing. i don’t think i ever build kayfuns right. too tight with the airflow and they end up gurgling. it is also a bit noisier, not as smooth and a pain in the arse to adjust.

Lifting the coil up a wee bit alleviates gurgling, the new plus pin makes it easier to adjust albeit you need the newer deck to actually install it.

IMG_2753.jpeg
IMG_2754.jpeg

Lifting the coil up a wee bit alleviates gurgling, the new plus pin makes it easier to adjust albeit you need the newer deck to actually install it.

aye, i’ve tried all sorts, and have the yftk version of the fancy pin and newer deck. i think i’ve come to the conclusion that it’s me, and i just can’t get on with it for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom