What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dvarw or Kayfun? (Or other)

Simebaby

Postman
OK - so I’ve fancied treating myself to a ‘high-end’ tank for a while, and I’ve got the go-ahead to pick one for Chrimbo.
The two I was thinking of was the Kayfun Lite 2021, or the Dvarw MTL FL. They both come in around £90 from what I can see so that’s not a deciding factor.
Just wondered what people who owned one (or both) thought of them. Are they that good? Easy / hard to build / wick? Or is there something else out there that people would say was better? Don’t mind spending a bit more if it’s worth it. I see Hussar mentioned occasionally but there doesn’t seem to be a wealth of info on them.

Just in case someone has these tanks as well for comparison, my two faves are the Cthulhu Hastur (original rather than mini) and the Nevermore.

Just do you bud, got clones of both and it'd be the Kayfun all day for me. More than one person has said there's no difference between the clones and authentics, so why bother tbh.

Dvarw :2thumbsup:
MTL FL is superb. Easy to wick and still one of the most reliable RTAs around. Available in 22mm and 24mm I believe? I have the DL FL (24mm) and absolutely adore it.

Even a Reaper would be a great buy, got two authentics of the EVL lads.

Exactly..... I was trying to keep quiet about the Reapers LOL I say far to much, far too often about them :)

Exactly..... I was trying to keep quiet about the Reapers LOL I say far to much, far too often about them :)

Are those Reapers still up for grabs :hmm:
I have clones of both the Dvarw and the KF
They are both good tanks

Specific to the Reaper I also splurged on the 1.0mm restricted deck, clear plastic section, steel section and a driptip (if you're looking for even more unjustifiably expensive) LOL

I only have the KF Lite 2021 which I've been very happy with - the aerokon pin makes it adjjustable from super tight to loose MTL, its ridiculously easy to wick and build and I've used it daily for the last 6 months - before that I had the 2019 version. I like it so much I haven't bothered with any other MTL tanks as it just seems to work for me.

I can't comment on the Dvarw MTL as I've never had one.

Before buying any of them check carefully to see if you need extra airpins/inserts or tank extensions as the end price can escalate quite dramatically and be way more than the £90 you have in mind.

Personally I would try to buy a clone of each (decent ones come complete with optional accessories) to assess which you prefer and then, if you think it is worth it, buy an original and use the clone as a work/pub/beater tank.

I only have the KF Lite 2021 which I've been very happy with - the aerokon pin makes it adjjustable from super tight to loose MTL, its ridiculously easy to wick and build and I've used it daily for the last 6 months - before that I had the 2019 version.

I can't comment on the Dvarw MTL as I've never had one.

Before buying any of them check carefully to see if you need extra airpins/inserts or tank extensions as the end price can escalate quite dramatically and be way more than the £90 you have in mind.

Personally I would try to buy a clone of each (decent ones come complete with optional accessories) to assess which you prefer and then, if you think it is worth it, buy an original and use the clone as a work/pub/beater tank.

FYTK make the best one imho. Dunno if Naturevape are still carrying them under the Edd Zachary name.

Back
Top Bottom