What's new

DotMod AIO

This is disappointing news, I expected better from the Dot.
its been on my radar for a while now and I nearly went for the SE from Lepetit but after reading disco's thoughts...
Yup I wouldn’t bother. That’s only my thoughts but maybe I’m billet spoiled?? I dunno?? I’ll buy a pack of the .7 mesh nautilus coils and see how I go. Zeta all the way at this price point. It’s cheaper cheap ;)

This is driving me mad! On the battery panel door if I press down on the edge on the battery side the door flips open.
223052CB-F9E6-4626-9FA6-D5255C96BDE0.jpeg
516DA99B-AF99-4662-9733-B2E06BBFF3A8.jpeg

I know I’m nit picking but stuff like this drives me nuts!!
@Rob i know yours is packed away awaiting the dotshell but if you happen to open it and pop a battery in I’d like to know if yours does the same.

I keep catching it each time I pick it up.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, for some reason I wasn't able to see your pictures earlier, I have the normal one

Mine are totally flat too but I can press down and the panel flips as if it’s hinges on the battery. Annoying as hell.
Thanks for checking

Might be worth sending lepetit a mail?
They are normally very helpful.

Might be worth sending lepetit a mail?
They are normally very helpful.
To be fair I think it’s just a design flaw. I’ve checked everything and everything is level and as it should be. The doors on the SE are quite cheap plastic and fairly flexible. Everything fits very well but cutting back on costs reveals this.

Its ok. It works and feels decent. I think I just set my expectations a little high. It’s a cheap Chinese bit of kit that’s made to look more premium than it feels. Yes I’m disappointed as if you compare it to the zeta there’s little in it apart from some tarting up.
If the nautilus mesh dont suit me I’ll either swap it for a zeta or chuck it in the classies and buy another zeta which will be perfect for holidays and getting drunk :)

Back
Top Bottom