What's new

Don't laugh but...

26g SS316 12 wraps.

It's okay @Puffed Daddy, no problem at all, any advice that helps us both is greatly received I'm sure.

Thank you kindly, everybody.
Cool, but that's kinda my point. I wasn't asking advice on MTL coils, or any coil building tbh.
The thread got messy, and I just wanted to make it clear, so that further help or advice, was given to you, not me stealing the thread.
I've been coil building for years, and to be honest, my first few were awful. Now, I make coils for my two local vape shops customers, so you see, you will get there, just practice on cheap wire.

You're doing really well mate, keep at it.

If I find it I’ll post the picture of my best effort to coil a Hellfire genny with a mesh u-wick. It was truly a sorry saggy sight to behold.

If I find it I’ll post the picture of my best effort to coil a Hellfire genny with a mesh u-wick. It was truly a sorry saggy sight to behold.
My first genny coil looked great but first draw was a dry hit.
As you know a dry hit on a mesh wick is like a feckin horse kick in the lung.
The second coil looked like an abomination but it worked. I.dreaded changing it and still feck up genny 's regularly.

My first genny coil looked great but first draw was a dry hit.
As you know a dry hit on a mesh wick is like a feckin horse kick in the lung.
The second coil looked like an abomination but it worked. I.dreaded changing it and still feck up genny 's regularly.
Honestly, I really wish I knew where the pic was. It’d make Todd’s worst effort look like a thing of excellence. It must have given members of The Pit hysterics for weeks. Truly the worst u-wick ever. I suspect it’s on the Mac upstairs that never gets fired up. :D

Don't laugh, but I'm really rather pleased with this one. It's only my third attempt...

I did manage to lose the screwdriver in the process though. I finally found it in my shirt sleeve ninety minutes later, after turning the living room upside down...

1.1 ohm and heating evenly... So far so good...

nice work bud.
I still muck up now.
made one the other day which was nice and tight, didn't notice I'd left a gap in the centre and it spat molten liquid at my tonsils. Nearly choked to death, lol.

Honestly, I really wish I knew where the pic was. It’d make Todd’s worst effort look like a thing of excellence. It must have given members of The Pit hysterics for weeks. Truly the worst u-wick ever. I suspect it’s on the Mac upstairs that never gets fired up. :D
I actually sat down and made and remade the nextiny for two day's to finally mail it and i can still make some that look like dog turds wrapped in barbed wire.

I actually sat down and made and remade the nextiny for two day's to finally mail it and i can still make some that look like dog turds wrapped in barbed wire.
I want a genny again, HoL’s Eden used to sing in them and I have 45ml sitting here wanting justice done. I’m sure the intervening 6 yrs have messed with my mind though.

I want a genny again, HoL’s Eden used to sing in them and I have 45ml sitting here wanting justice done. I’m sure the intervening 6 yrs have messed with my mind though.
Older thread but when I see someone mentions gennys i have to ask as I have had my eye on the animodz pit bull genny for a while

It’s a few years old now but One you haven’t seen maybe? I hear it’s very good and there are clones available

Don't laugh, but I'm really rather pleased with this one. It's only my third attempt...

I did manage to lose the screwdriver in the process though. I finally found it in my shirt sleeve ninety minutes later, after turning the living room upside down...

1.1 ohm and heating evenly... So far so good...

Looks like it'll do the job nicely. I remember when I got started, it was a lot of trial and error, but now it's usually quick and straightforward. Usually. Enjoy!

Reminds me how I lost a weekend in the latter part of 2020 trying to rebuild a genny and being utterly defeated - again and again. Still, I'll set aside a weekend soon to try again...

Back
Top Bottom