What's new

CTHULHU HASTUR RTA

Weirdly my experience is almost exactly the opposite of this

You've seen my attempt on the True, just ended up leaking everywhere.

Just a tank I could never get the knack of, love vaping on it just can't wick it.

Just a tank I could never get the knack of, love vaping on it just can't wick it.

I've found the true very tolerant on wicking. Use it every day. Never had any leaking and been running it for maybe a year now. I'd guess that there must be something wrong with the tank. I do remember reading about quality control not being the best. But the one I got seems bullet proof,...….apart from the glass,...been replaced a few times due to dropping.

I wanted to love the true but I had the same issue's. Often dropped its guts on filling or ended up air locked and dry hitting.
I'm very confident in wicking but that tank tried me. Short wicks, long wicks, thin, thick, muji, puff, fibre freaks even the unshakeable firebolt. Still intermittent issue's.
Never had a dry hit on the hastur mini and I tend to use kayfun lites out and about as they just work without issue however wicked and can take being dropped.
Put me off trying the gate and purity as I reckon it's build variance by ephro.
still often preserve with the true as I see getting a consistent vape from it as a life goal, lol.often
Shame as when it works the flavour is as good as anything else around.

I wanted to love the true but I had the same issue's. Often dropped its guts on filling or ended up air locked and dry hitting.
I'm very confident in wicking but that tank tried me. Short wicks, long wicks, thin, thick, muji, puff, fibre freaks even the unshakeable firebolt. Still intermittent issue's.
Never had a dry hit on the hastur mini and I tend to use kayfun lites out and about as they just work without issue however wicked and can take being dropped.
Put me off trying the gate and purity as I reckon it's build variance by ephro.
still often preserve with the true as I see getting a consistent vape from it as a life goal, lol.often
Shame as when it works the flavour is as good as anything else around.

Quite a few people had similar issues I believe. I'm certainly not anything special when it comes to building and wicking. That's what makes me think that there must be something up with the tank itself, rather than how people are wicking the thing. If I experienced the same issues with leaking, I'd have given up on the tank also. Shame, as you say, they do give good flavour. I've got no issues with the one I have, use it everyday. With the vast choices on tanks out there, everyone should be able to find a tank that works for them...whatever type it maybe.

Last edited:
I have come to believe people have a certain knack with either one or the other. I adore my Hastur and couldn't get on with the True. I think people must have a certain way of doing things that lend itself to one way or the other. On paper I should enjoy kayfuns as well, but I just can't get on with them.

I have come to believe people have a certain knack with either one or the other. I adore my Hastur and couldn't get on with the True. I think people must have a certain way of doing things that lend itself to one way or the other. On paper I should enjoy kayfuns as well, but I just can't get on with them.

It's a weird thing this wicking business. Some tanks we just nail straight away, others remain a mystery

Any idea why a wicking might go south after just refilling a tank? Sometimes I have one that works like a dream, then I refill it (bottom usually, a berserker) and it starts to give me dry hits. Wick's not been touched. Don't get it.

Yeah I was hesitant over the lite. The v4 all but put me off kayfun but the little v3 mini worked fine baring the roaming 510. V5 very clever but a sub ohm tank at heart and I didn't like the prime for some reason. The lite. Banging little tanks.

Any idea why a wicking might go south after just refilling a tank? Sometimes I have one that works like a dream, then I refill it (bottom usually, a berserker) and it starts to give me dry hits. Wick's not been touched. Don't get it.
possibly if bottom filling the wick may expand while the deck is free and then when put back together the chimney may choke it slightly causing the new juice to wick up to where it touches the chimney and run back down, causing the wick from the chimney up to dry when firing the coil.

possibly if bottom filling the wick may expand while the deck is free and then when put back together the chimney may choke it slightly causing the new juice to wick up to where it touches the chimney and run back down, causing the wick from the chimney up to dry when firing the coil.
That is an very plausible explanation that I would never have come up with. But I don't think that's happening in this case. It's a berserker with a 2.5 so the wick is quite tiny and stays neatly in place.

Back
Top Bottom