What's new

Cthulhu Hastur Mini Builds

Let us know how your next few rewicks go. As much as I hope you have nailed it, I have a feeling it has nothing to do with the scottish roll and that you simply nailed the wicking in the channels. Seems like your previous builds were not wicking fast enough, giving muted flavour.

Wicking can be a bitch for some people, I've been doing it for years and still get unexplained problems. Right now for instance, I was testing something in the exocet bridge for the billet box, was running beautifully for an hour at 20w, chain vaping no problem. I put the device, down, come back later, back end of the first pull gives hints of a dry hit. Now I have to run it at 17w to avoid that. However, I was chain vaping it earlier, bloody mystery I tell yee.
I’ve just been through a week of poor wicking. I don’t know why it happens but I get it every few months. I just seem to lose the plot and mess everything up. Thankfully I have my mojo back and it’s all good again. Sometimes I think it’s down to overthinking things and trying to be too smart

I’ve just been through a week of poor wicking. I don’t know why it happens but I get it every few months. I just seem to lose the plot and mess everything up. Thankfully I have my mojo back and it’s all good again. Sometimes I think it’s down to overthinking things and trying to be too smart
I think your spot on. Apart from big complex rta's that require big complex coils to perform I think anything that requires any more than placing appropriate size cotton through the coil and place it into the deck to work is poorly designed.
When we where pushing the boundaries of what a tank could do it was understandable that the best possible cotton was used with accurately wound coils and carefully prepared wick ends required but these tanks are designed fit for purpose.
I have to say I've not had any issue's with modern mtl tanks and I'm a lazy wicker. I just cut muji to coil size, remove top and bottom sheets, cut to end of the deck and poke, lol.
You can get wrapped up in wicking voodoo and most of the time you end up finding the person who is making a big deal of it has another element that is actually the issue and never mentions it.
Someone did a huge tutorial on another forum on how to get flawless wicking on the prime. Of course other's then ordered the prime and followed his tutorial and on it went. It wasn't until I asked what ohms he runs at and what his juice choices where that it became clear. He was using it wide open with a 0.3 Clapton coil and only used 100%vg homebrew.
I'd just chucked some muji in and away I went.
Sometimes it's best to just start stupid. Works for me, lol.

Unfortunately you were right toastie. There was no problem with anything. After 2 hours of not vaping i pick it up again and got a dry hit and taste was not so good anymore.
I decided to rewick it so i can take some pictures of it and see if it was only luck or was it realy scottish roll..
Looks like it was luck, can't get it to work again haha.
But will try to make it work again, because when i wick it good taste and everything on this RTA is amazing.

Unfortunately you were right toastie. There was no problem with anything. After 2 hours of not vaping i pick it up again and got a dry hit and taste was not so good anymore.
I decided to rewick it so i can take some pictures of it and see if it was only luck or was it realy scottish roll..
Looks like it was luck, can't get it to work again haha.
But will try to make it work again, because when i wick it good taste and everything on this RTA is amazing.
Sounds like the wick holes are too tightly packed or maybe you’re getting some sort of airlock in the tank after filling. When you pack the wick into the holes it shouldn’t be tight.

Yeah i never pack it tight.. But i always get this super off muted flavour and vapour feels realy dry if you know what i mean.

Yeah i never pack it tight.. But i always get this super off muted flavour and vapour feels realy dry if you know what i mean.
I’m totally lost then. There shouldn’t be an issue wicking 70/30 liquid but maybe that’s the problem along with the muji? Would be interesting to hear the results with a 50/50 liquid or a 60/40

I think im doing something wrong but dont know what. Friend is using same muji and same juice on berserker mini and its perfect.
Will take some pictures how i wick it and you guys might see something i dont.

I must say, I use 50/50 when MTL and Muji. Never had 70VG through the Hastur.

I had issues when I first got mine with wicking, the technique I stated is what worked for me after much trial and error. Sadly, people can have completely different experiences with the same tank. Stick at it, you'll crack it eventually and get it relatively consistent.

Not sure if this helps, but as it goes I do the Scottish roll thing in all my tanks. I find it works well. :)

I tried wicking it like guy in this video

Tried it a few times now to see if it was only luck or is it realy working. Seems like this is it for me, always getting good vape out of it. :)

Back
Top Bottom