What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Cthulhu Hastur Mini Builds

Thanks for all advices.

No it's not juice problem since it was amazing 1 time.. But i just can't rewick like i did. Will just keep trying i guess ...

Keep trying. If no joy, just come back and tell us.

Thanks, will try it Toastie.

I just can't understand how some of you guys just cut edges and put it in the holes like its nothing, and its working.
I tried all possible things and still can't get nothing but dry vapour...

That is why I started wicking it the way I explained, the normal method didn't work for me either. It did occasionally but I wanted something that would work consistently. I used muji and 50/50 ratio.

I did use your method and tbh it was the best i did get today out of 20 wicks, but still far from the right taste.
When you said you cut it at 45 angle, did you mean something like this?
Im using muji too.
51f3a6c050.jpg

I did use your method and tbh it was the best i did get today out of 20 wicks, but still far from the right taste.
When you said you cut it at 45 angle, did you mean something like this?
Im using muji too.
51f3a6c050.jpg

I would bring the long wicks down and hold them against the airflow ring so they were kinda tort, instead of just putting my scissors under the deck and cutting flat, I'd cut there but at a 45 degree angle from the deck threads.

Finnaly kinda nailed it. Seems like 26g 7 wraps kanthal works best for me.
Cotton trough coil with very little resistance and i cut wick short so they are not visible or about 0,5mm visible from wicking holes.
Still not perfect taste as it can be but good enough.

Finnaly kinda nailed it. Seems like 26g 7 wraps kanthal works best for me.
Cotton trough coil with very little resistance and i cut wick short so they are not visible or about 0,5mm visible from wicking holes.
Still not perfect taste as it can be but good enough.
Glad you’re progressing in the right direction. Might be an idea to show some pics of your build.

Well i said it to early, hour after that i was getting burnt taste..
But i did the same but with scottish roll and its been amazing so far, amazing flavour and its vaping perfectly.
I also tried to build Ammit MTL RTA which i couldn't get anything from for 2 months i had. 50 tries and 0 good wicks.
But first try with scottish roll and its pretty good so far, first time it has nice flavour and zero gurgling or anything.
Never tried scottish roll before since i read that it doesn't to anything good for RTAs, but its just amazing for me.
Will take some pictures next time im rewicking my Hastur mini.

Never had a problem with the hastur mini.
28g kanthal 8/10 wraps. Between 8 and 10 watts.
With my muji cotton, i literally aim to cut a sliver the same size (maybe a mm more) as the coil diametre. Slides through easily and wicks brilliantly.
Then again i use 90% pg, so liquid that runny will soak into anything anyway.

Well i said it to early, hour after that i was getting burnt taste..
But i did the same but with scottish roll and its been amazing so far, amazing flavour and its vaping perfectly.
I also tried to build Ammit MTL RTA which i couldn't get anything from for 2 months i had. 50 tries and 0 good wicks.
But first try with scottish roll and its pretty good so far, first time it has nice flavour and zero gurgling or anything.
Never tried scottish roll before since i read that it doesn't to anything good for RTAs, but its just amazing for me.
Will take some pictures next time im rewicking my Hastur mini.

Let us know how your next few rewicks go. As much as I hope you have nailed it, I have a feeling it has nothing to do with the scottish roll and that you simply nailed the wicking in the channels. Seems like your previous builds were not wicking fast enough, giving muted flavour.

Wicking can be a bitch for some people, I've been doing it for years and still get unexplained problems. Right now for instance, I was testing something in the exocet bridge for the billet box, was running beautifully for an hour at 20w, chain vaping no problem. I put the device, down, come back later, back end of the first pull gives hints of a dry hit. Now I have to run it at 17w to avoid that. However, I was chain vaping it earlier, bloody mystery I tell yee.

Let us know how your next few rewicks go. As much as I hope you have nailed it, I have a feeling it has nothing to do with the scottish roll and that you simply nailed the wicking in the channels. Seems like your previous builds were not wicking fast enough, giving muted flavour.

Wicking can be a bitch for some people, I've been doing it for years and still get unexplained problems. Right now for instance, I was testing something in the exocet bridge for the billet box, was running beautifully for an hour at 20w, chain vaping no problem. I put the device, down, come back later, back end of the first pull gives hints of a dry hit. Now I have to run it at 17w to avoid that. However, I was chain vaping it earlier, bloody mystery I tell yee.

Probably a culmination of things, grain, fluff, basically refining your technique etc....
(plus learning each tank's individual qwirks)

As for still getting the odd issue - totally agree
I have a number of same tanks, sometimes after a rewick it falls short of expectations...
changed coil, rather than reburn, rewick - still sometimes a little bit not as expected....
rinse out tank completely - yeah a bit better but say 3 identical tanks, 3 identical coils
same juice in all, still a smidge different at times, when they all seemed nigh on exact same before
(and yes all 3 vary from a bit old wick to new wicks, producing good flavour etc...)
But sometimes you re-do crap expecting it to improve & it's worse

WTF ??? - I mean they are similar after all that faffing about
but know only too well sometimes shit gets very weird
like a rebuild that comes out worse than a gunked coil

so we are all still learning this vaping malarky

Back
Top Bottom