What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Cthulhu Hastur Mini Builds

Still have problem that my build is good for max 2 days. After 1 hour it looks like this. Is thie normal?
I've skimmed through the the replies and seems to me you're being lead in the wrong direction.
Your wick is darkening that quick cos its burning.
Its burning because its too loose in the coil.
Without wick sitting snug against the coil, the coil is drying out and getting too hot.
The coil is then cooking the juice.

Keep your wick ends as they are but the part of the wick that is in the coil needs to be thicker.

Wicked it as loose as it can get. No bubbles and look how wick is looking after 20 puffs. Taste is ok but this wont last a day.. Will try 3mm coil.
See how it goes. It may be just your juice. If the flavour is fine then just keep vaping it and see how you get on.

I've skimmed through the the replies and seems to me you're being lead in the wrong direction.
Your wick is darkening that quick cos its burning.
Its burning because its too loose in the coil.
Without wick sitting snug against the coil, the coil is drying out and getting too hot.
The coil is then cooking the juice.

Keep your wick ends as they are but the part of the wick that is in the coil needs to be thicker.
All of this advice is very helpful, thanks.

I tried now with more cotton and it looks a little better but still in 1 hour i got literary zero bubbles and now im tasting cotton more than anything lol.. Idk anymore. Will keep trying and if i nail it i will let you know.

Attachments

• IMG_20191112_231539.jpg
    IMG_20191112_231539.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 240
I tried now with more cotton and it looks a little better but still in 1 hour i got literary zero bubbles and now im tasting cotton more than anything lol.. Idk anymore. Will keep trying and if i nail it i will let you know.
It looks like its a lot better and it may just be the picture but it looks like its sat very low to the deck.
Worse case scenario the coil is that low its touching the deck.
At best it looks like its probably not getting much air to the underside of the coil.
Tease it up a fraction see how that goes then a fraction more if you feel its going in the right direction.

That is a new coil & 6 wraps not 7....

Screenshot from 2019-11-13 07-30-38.png

personally me thinks it is your cotton/wicking technique

either your cotton is shit or fake Muji or grain wanked
not fluffing ends and stuffing not tucking/placing them into wick channels

if your cotton was smidge too tight or too loose you should still draw bubbles
so the fact the bubbles are not appearing indicates the cotton is not drawing juice

It "should" vaporise and if cotton was drawing correctly it would replenish the wick
& bubbles appear no matter what I would have thought

I'm now almost starting to grasp at straws now.....

But I'm wondering if there is some of weird mofo vacuum or something
that impedes the gravity or air increasing as juice is drawn creating bubble etc....

This sounds fucking stupid I know but like I said I'm grasping at straws
coz something ain't right - you draw off vapour, juice gets replenished
air replaces juice drawn & little bubble forms etc.....

However if there is some weird alien twighlight zone vacuum
then gravity/syphoning bollocks could be impeded perhaps ???

I fucking doubt it unless tank is iffy (ish)

BUT it "might" be worth remove lid as you do for filling
then tanks a few draws (gently as it may flood and you get a mouthful of juice)

But take a few draws lid off and see if bubbles appear

I know there can't be a vacuum if afc ring is open as such
but I am running out of anything else to suggest before you launch it down the garden

Yes coil is as low as possible but not touching. Maybe to low. Will try putting it a bit higher when i get home.

Yes this was new 3mm coil i tried with Fuctifino.

After day and a half.. And i thought i wicked it good lol..

Attachments

• IMG_20191116_180351.jpg
    IMG_20191116_180351.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
What ohm is it at and what wattage are you vaping at? it seems to me your juice is the problem to be honest, what juice are you using?

I don't have a hastur but the darkening is 100% juice

Back
Top Bottom