What's new

Cthulhu 1928 MTL Squonk Atty

If you own the 1928 what rating would you give it, 0-5?

• 0 - Exceptionally Bad, Do not buy under any circumstances

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Bad, Not Usually Recommended

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Average, Might be worth a punt if it appeals to you

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3 - Above Average, a decent bit of kit

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 4 - Good, Highly recommended for most people

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 5 - Exceptionally Good, Just buy it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
yeah, it's really cool.... flavour and throat hit is spot on too ... check out this deck, it's so well done..

View attachment 170461

View attachment 170462

what it needs is a little rubber pad/o-ring to make a seal around the hole... that would seal it and then it would only get air from the hole it was set on ..... it's not a deal breaker, the rest of the design is far too good for that....

I'm going to find a tiny o-ring and super glue it on there.... see how that works.

very good review.
I will send it our technician team. Thanks!

I've just noticed something else a bit odd too .... when you squonk, say right up to the deck and fill that lovely nice deep well/tank up ..... when you let go of the bottle it practically sucks every last drop of that liquid back out.... so it doesn't actually 'store' any of that liquid in the atty, it just pops up, wets your wick and gets sucked back into the bottle.

I guess that's how they wanted it but it seems a bit of a waste of all that 'storage space' under the coil to me.

we make a compromise on this because the bottom airflow design need more space. :) (we tried another side airflow design, and found it it too much turbulent for mtl vaping)

we make a compromise on this because the bottom airflow design need more space. :) (we tried another side airflow design, and found it it too much turbulent for mtl vaping)
Thank you @cthulhumod
It's great to have some real manufacturing feedback from the designers.
Overall it looks almost perfect. Very nice work.

god, I just watched Vic's review ....... he doesn't even use it on a squonker, I knew I shouldn't have watched it..... I've only had it since about 1pm today and I already feel like I've tested it more than he did... :19:
When I arrived home yesterday I found the ammit on my doorstep for review. Actually shares some design similarities, with the separate smaller coil chamber and top airflow.
When I opened it up and looked at the deck, I quoted will from the inbetweeners in saying "Who has done this to you" when I saw a large under coil airflow and smaller airflow hole set at 45/55°, next to the coil but cthulhu's post this morning has offered an explanation in as much as turbulence control.
We shall see.
Have a feeling tha cthulhu have nailed it.

Thank you @cthulhumod
It's great to have some real manufacturing feedback from the designers.
Overall it looks almost perfect. Very nice work.

agreed, it's nice they take feedback onboard too, the redesigned tips with the 3mm bore work so much better, I'm loving the long thin tips now. :)

I'm being hyper critical of the 1928 but I feel I have to be because everyone knows I'm a 'fan' of Cthulhu since the Hastur and I didn't pay for my 1928, so as far as I'm concerned it's my job to give it a proper good going over for everyone here before people do spend their money. It's absolutely worth every penny of the (low) asking price, it's super unique and it has way more positives going for it than negatives.

I just hate it when I watch/read a review of something I own and I think "why didn't they mention that?" ... I don't want to be that guy.

agreed, it's nice they take feedback onboard too, the redesigned tips with the 3mm bore work so much better, I'm loving the long thin tips now. :)

I'm being hyper critical of the 1928 but I feel I have to be because everyone knows I'm a 'fan' of Cthulhu since the Hastur and I didn't pay for my 1928, so as far as I'm concerned it's my job to give it a proper good going over for everyone here before people do spend their money. It's absolutely worth every penny of the (low) asking price, it's super unique and it has way more positives going for it than negatives.

I just hate it when I watch/read a review of something I own and I think "why didn't they mention that?" ... I don't want to be that guy.
No know your tear the area out of it and so far any issue's you've found are small fry and home fixes or as suspected manufacturing choices/limitations.
When we're excited about something it's nice to get a review up quickly with the basics covered but always prudent to update the review as time goes on.
It's later when we find some of the little things are a chore.
But I have to say, so far I'm excited. A small chamber without the limitations that normally come as part and parcel.

@Simon G A review should have the non-aesthetic good and bad points as yours does. I prefer critical reviews because then I feel I have enough information to make a purchase decision. In this case, I went ahead and ordered before any reviews because looking at the deck and top cap I could see the potential. Not to worried if airflow is somewhat off as long as I can get the right draw from it.

Nice to see Cthulhu taking note. Too often I see atty’s touted as MTL when it is obvious that the designer had no idea what MTL means. In this case the designer did know what MTL means and had to make a choice - no issue with that.

Now eagerly awaiting getting my hands on mine. Hope it arrives before I head to music festival next week. Be good to have a new squonk mtl atty to take.

@Simon G A review should have the non-aesthetic good and bad points as yours does. I prefer critical reviews because then I feel I have enough information to make a purchase decision. In this case, I went ahead and ordered before any reviews because looking at the deck and top cap I could see the potential. Not to worried if airflow is somewhat off as long as I can get the right draw from it.

Nice to see Cthulhu taking note. Too often I see atty’s touted as MTL when it is obvious that the designer had no idea what MTL means. In this case the designer did know what MTL means and had to make a choice - no issue with that.

Now eagerly awaiting getting my hands on mine. Hope it arrives before I head to music festival next week. Be good to have a new squonk mtl atty to take.
Agreed. It's a genuine pleasure when the likes of cthulhu and jac, interact so openly with us here.
It's only going to lead to good results for both us the user and them.
I've got both the 1928 and the mini rta in my basket and will order next week.
Sadly I've fallen a bit behind on trying new bits as I've been busy so I've waited to order save it just sitting in a cue.
The fluid convergent is currently being tested by me this week (not for review, just for my pleasure, although it may lead to a review, lol) and I'm very much enjoying vaping this week.

@Simon G, @eyeball kid . Is there a place on the forum where I can easily find all your reviews in one place? Good to see mtl reviews from people who actually vape mtl
There is and has been a huge amount of great mtl reviews and chat on the forum bud but it's a bit spread I'm afraid.
Check out the mtl club house thread Simon set up in the lounge for a looong read of chat and nonsense by us all mainly based around mtl tanks and rda's.

Back
Top Bottom