What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Could use a second RTA, i am picky though, soz..

£100 for an atty seems a bit rich for my liking(as much as i'd adore trying an authentic one myself), i can't imagine despite the build quality it came anything close to those costs to produce(especially when you mass produce), the markup on those must be pretty substantial. I purchased msot of my kit combined for around that price. I couldn't justify spending that much on a tank personally, it would be especially costly if it was broken accidentally(as can and will happen sometimes, such is life).

I've actually started looking at a cheap squonk build this week(weighing up options), figure i could maybe rotate between the RTA on my current mod, and a cheap(pico 75 or similar probably) mod + RDA tank to mix things up a bit, small tank doesn't matter so much when you've got a bottle literally inside the mod.

I might just do both ultimately though, grab a second RTA and a cheap squonk build for experimenting, just thinking ahead a little. :)

Thanks again everyone for the continued discussion. :)

So what do you reckon chaps, try out two cheapo clone tanks or buy one nice authentic? There always seems to be some really niggly points talked about in the reviews of clones, less so with the authentics.

Really trying to stop myself making an impluse buy at the moment, thinking it could work out nicely waiting for the black friday sales in a couple of months.

So what do you reckon chaps, try out two cheapo clone tanks or buy one nice authentic? There always seems to be some really niggly points talked about in the reviews of clones, less so with the authentics.

Really trying to stop myself making an impluse buy at the moment, thinking it could work out nicely waiting for the black friday sales in a couple of months.
I'm used to clones and am quite happy if there's the odd niggle. Recently, howerver, companies seem to be racing to bring out atties before they're properly tested. I love the Berserker Mini, but it had o-ring issues on the top .... I like the Hastur Mini, but it originally came out with narrow bore drip tips that collected condensation ........ so there's seemingly no guarantee with those either ........

Currently loving the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA ....... no issues ........ blimey ....... :D

I must have been quite lucky with clones, never had a really bad one and most have been really good.

Last edited:
I have my niggles with the siren, but i've nothing to measure that against in the RTA world until i test out another tank and i'm hesitant about grabbing something that might have a mixed bag of small issues i'll take months to understand.

The galaxies looks like a good choice(it was one of my considerations before i decided on the Siren).

Still finding my feet with the wick and coil builds, the number of variables involved with getting the vape just right definitely has some learning curve(builds that worked with my old juice don't work the same with the juice i'm using now for example).

Got impatient and took a small punt grabbing a dead rabbit clone and a spool of clapton wire, might not even see the order until Christmas(tank has ETA of 3-4 days, it's FT though, i expect to see the ETA pushed back) or after and i'm still unsure where i'm headed. $18 was a small cost to have a little dabble though, finger crossed my piddly order works it's way through customs without a hitch.

Arrived today, oiled(the bottom of the tank needed it, heavy grinding and crunching when screwing or unscrewing the tank) and cleaned, did my first clapton build and whilst i'm happy with the result, those claptons really need some watts to ramp up. Love the tank(build quality is awesome for a clone), not feeling it with the wire(no big deal, was cheap to grab a spool to play with). Going to try a dual build tomorrow with my simple 26ga round wire and see how that goes. This tank eats juice though, soo much juice gone soo fast.. :( Happy overall, just need to waste chunks of juice figuring out the build now, roll on Black Friday so i can grab a bunch of extra juice to play with.

Arrived today, oiled(the bottom of the tank needed it, heavy grinding and crunching when screwing or unscrewing the tank) and cleaned, did my first clapton build and whilst i'm happy with the result, those claptons really need some watts to ramp up. Love the tank(build quality is awesome for a clone), not feeling it with the wire(no big deal, was cheap to grab a spool to play with). Going to try a dual build tomorrow with my simple 26ga round wire and see how that goes. This tank eats juice though, soo much juice gone soo fast.. :( Happy overall, just need to waste chunks of juice figuring out the build now, roll on Black Friday so i can grab a bunch of extra juice to play with.
I think you've long left the realms of MTL behind ... hence the juice consumption ...... ;)

Honestly, i can't see myself using it too much just yet(half+ a days juice spent in 5-10 mins), i'm still enjoying the Siren 2 opened up(wick needs refreshing quite often, but it's cheap), i just wanted to play around with something more DTL(cloud chucky) just to experiment and see what's what. If i can snag some good juices tomorrow, i'll have a better amount of juice to chuck into testing it out more(don't want to dwindle my supply too much).

Back
Top Bottom