What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Cotton Picking

vestonpants

Postman
I wonder whether you lovely apes think certain wicking materials suit some flavour liquids over others.

I tend to use Cotton Bacon for low resistance builds and Muji for higher resistance. This is largely because l use smaller diameter coils for mtl and find Muji easier to wick smaller coils with. But do you think, for example, custards are better with Muji whereas tobaccos or fruits are better with other types of cotton?

This is something I've never noticed.

What I have noticed, and this is purely my own opinion, is that the flavour from Muji is like sucking a damp sock.

CB is much better, but for real flavour it's worth paying for premium cottons. These are no more than refined Muji, with all the thick strands removed, but as you've stated, they are difficult to work with on smaller coils.

I never notice any difference at all.

Maybe higher power DTL vapers notice some difference but I think 'vaping cottons' are not really needed for MTL vaping.

I think fancy cotton is a bit of a scam. It seems very overpriced for a few bits of cotton.

I think fancy cotton is a bit of a scam. It seems very overpriced for a few bits of cotton.

Everything is a scam, it's a question of value, depending on what you want and how well it delivers it.

As I've said before, £5 worth of premium cotton will last most people a year and is the single biggest improvement you can make for flavour.

I think they’re adding a premium with these fancy cottons to get the “conspicuous consumption” sales. “better get a fancy cotton in for this new tank, the muji’s so common, I’ll be the laughing stock of the forum, it must be much dearer for a reason etc etc...”

Back
Top Bottom