What's new

Coppervape Ubertoot UTA2

@Deaf Vaper originals show up very occasionally but still command almost the original asking price - last one I saw was up for £170 and sold almost immediately!

I came across my old Coppervape one yesterday, as I'm streamlining my collection I decided it could be sold - I got it in a group buy on here years ago and used it extensively before passing it on to my Wife when the chance of a POTV version arose - big mistake! The flavour from the new one wasn't a patch on the old one, some very slight alterations had been made, and it used to piss itself randomly for no reason, lost two mods to that bastard - and would she hell give me it back!

It's an extensive kit - comes with frosted, clear and metal tank sections in 2.8ml (iirc) and 5ml and the chimneys for both sizes, an atty stand/build deck and a tank holder for when your working on your build. Sadly both the frosted and clear tanks in 2.8ml expired through use as it was only ever used in that configuration, the metal tank section is the only option for that size. The three 5ml sections are brand new however! It's got some scratches on the base and two tiny dings, one at the top and the other is on the edge of the base, both were there from new :( But overall its in decent very usable condition with spare orings etc. The driptip is missing as it was long since changed, it wasn't the best TBH.

Talking of driptips, it has a tendency to pool some liquid in the driptip well, not a lot, but it can cause a wee gurgle when it needs dried out and maybe needs done 3-4 times a day, if I remember rightly - we both lived with it due to the flavour on offer. You occasionally need to take the base apart as condensation can build up which can and does tarnish the contacts in there - not very often though, every few weeks, quick dry out and wee polish of the contacts, just the nature of the design. As Rob says, follow his link for wicking as it works a treat - 3mm coils allows plenty of cotton and you kinda need that. It's an absolute cinch to stick a coil in but wicking takes a bit of practice - you need to leave the wick long then, pull the ends together and lift them up vertically then feed them through a round section that clicks in to the deck, splay your wick back out normally and insert them into the grooves that are there, then you place another circular section over the top of the other one and turn slightly to lightly grip the wick - you then have to hold those sections and screw a knurled cap on that holds everything together, then I trim the wicks to the edge of the knurled cap and flatten it out. It sounds more complex than it is in practice but does take time to get used to how it goes together/works, but my Mrs had no issues wicking it herself - once you get it down pat it'll wick bloody concrete and never leaks a drop. I remain convinced it'll wick 100%vg ,never tried but it got a 90%vg liquid through it by opening the wick slots slightly more than usual - my Mrs ADV is 73%vg as I'm a lazy bugger and don't bother with pg apart from nic/flavouring, absolutely no bother. Wee touch tighter on the wick ring and it ran my 50/50 Manabush lovely. Worked great in TC too. It's a wee bit thirsty but that's why the flavour is so good ;) It was only replaced as she wanted something that top filled and I had moved totally to RDAs.

And that's about as warts an all as it gets! It's no doubt been superseded, but it remains an absolute classic RTA.

Let me strip/clean/check it over and I'll stick a sales post up tomorrow, and tag you for first refusal :)

Edit just checked the price of a new one, only £18 - cover the postage and you can have it gratis, you're a good egg DV and it's sitting doing feck all anyway. Would rather someone gets the use of it and enjoy it.

Hi Steve, nice one!

Is this the UTA1 or 2 by coppervape? I gather there were issues with the 1st gen, due to the negative pin coming loose, or something like that.

If it's the 2, then could be interested in yours...i guess i can always find replacement clear tubes or a bell cap later on...whenever FT gets them back in stock again!

Thanks for the heads up Steve.

Last edited:
Hi Steve, nice one!

Is this the UTA1 or 2 by coppervape? I gather were issues with the 1st gen, due to the negative pin coming loose, or something like that.

If it's the 2, then could be interested in yours...i guess i ca always find replacement clear tubes or a bell cap later on...whenever FT gets them back in stock again!

Thanks for the heads up Steve.
UTA 2 buddy - a fella Jim used to run lots of group buys, I think this one came from the second run that ironed out some issues from the first. I got a Railbox clone off him at the same time and ran both together for a short while, a great combo, it even worked in TC quite well as they'd cloned the dna 40 board, quite a coup at the time as the DNA 40 was the only TC board available iirc and mods with it were pricey, an original Railbox was over £300 - I got extremely paranoid about the longevity of it due to the mechanism design, it was the most I'd spent on vaping at that point, and £60 was a fair bit of cash to us at the time, I sold it fairly quickly and got most of my money back :)

Aye the original one had an issue with the neg post spinning, Pete did repair most of them though with a tiny weld iirc. One showed up on UKV a while back that had a slightly moving post but was supposedly okay with a coil fitted but ideally needed a repair - again iirc, it was up at £110!

I'll PM for your address tomorrow (today!) chief.

Just remembered that I have a spare deck too, my mate bought one from the third batch and the base and the metal section that screws to the bottom of the tank wouldn't screw together - Jim sorted him out with new ones and he sent it to me for spares. It didn't fit my one as again revisions had been made, so I used it for testing builds out - might do as spares for the posts etc, I'll put it in anyway.

There you go @Deaf Vaper - PM your address and it's all yours :)
IMG_20190225_082651317.jpeg
IMG_20190225_082745411.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom