What's new

Coppervape Ubertoot UTA2

Well it was waiting for me when I got home from work this evening so I have built it as per @instantlady's instructions and am now happily vaping it. Just to clarify what can only be described as an error in the description on 3fvape, the 'bottom feeder pins' are nothing to do with squonking (thankfully). They are for changing the size of the airflow hole underneath the coil. The atty comes fitted with the largest bore pin but this can be unscrewed and replaced with a medium sized hole or a very small hole. I initially tried the smallest one but it was too tight a draw even for me. I ended up with the medium sized pin and adjusted the airflow down using the external airflow ring - perfect. The build quality is pretty good although the screws on the very bottom were quite loose and needed tightening up as was the 510 pin - no big deal. The vape quality is excellent with a wonderful flavour. Is it better than the Kayfun Prime, Skyline, Hussar and Dvarw that I have been using up until now? Probably not but it is every bit as good and it will be used in rotation with these. Overall I'm delighted with my purchase. Highly recommended.

Thanks for clearing that all up

Great for clearing that out. My UT clones came without pins so I have to explore that option and order one [emoji4] especially since I really like the pins on the Spica

Been reading about this one. Found PeteC's thread on UK Vapers.org forum...and as sad as this will sound.....(really sad!)...i read all 400 pages of it! Christ! What am i like?!

Anyway....i gather the originals are rarer than unicorns..and no longer being made...so is there anybody in the UK selling the clones at all? I've seen them on 3fvape and fastech..but i've not used these chinese sites before.

This RTA is something of a granddaddy now, but after reading up about it, there's plenty of positive comments from those that got one...it has inspired me to get one of the coppervape clones.

Just wondering...

Last edited:
Been reading about this one. Found the Pete's thread on UK vapers forums...and as sad as this will sound.....(really sad!)...i read all 400 pages of it! Christ...what am i like?!

Anyway....i gather the originals are rarer then unicorns..and no longer being made...so anybody in the UK selling the clones at all? I've seen them on 3dvape and fastech..but i've not used these chinese sites before.

This RTA is something of a granddaddy now, but after reading up about and the positive comment from those that got one...has inspired me to get one of the coppervape clones.

Just wondering...

You might struggle to find one in the uk but fasttech is pretty safe to use, if you choose epacket shipping for a couple of quid it will be with you in a week or two, as long as it says “in stock”.

You might struggle to find one in the uk but fasttech is pretty safe to use, if you choose epacket shipping for a couple of quid it will be with you in a week or two, as long as it says “in stock”.

Heya, okay thanks for that.

Is this tank really as good as all the hype posted 4 years ago on the UK vaper forum?

I’ve never tried it myself, I think it might have been a bit before my time then when this coppervape appeared I already had enough at ties and thought it would be too tall for my preference anyway. I think a lot
of people liked it though I’ve seen it talked about on here.

Yes so i've read up in here. The flavour response is apparently top notch. But it is now 5 years old..newer tanks may have come out since that are better perhaps. Still tempted to try one though. The only thing i don't like about it..is the standard yellow PE tubes, they look horrid!

The clear tube kits & bell caps, have all sold out now..just the fogged PE tubes left, more's the pity. Quite like the look of those bell caps....I wonder if anybody here, might have a spare cap going. If not..then i'll get the fogged tubes for now.

Last edited:
The UTA used to be one of my all day, everyday vapes. Once tamed, they really were exceptional :) I still have mine here and it has just been pressed back into service on my Pipe.
I have to agree about the use of Ultem for the tank on the recent clones, but I suppose this was an attempt to (a) cure Tank Cracker problems that plagued us in times gone by and (b) Ultem is very popular in certain circles.

Wicking was never an issue for me, once I had digested @TartanSpartan excellent Thread which is still to be found in the "How To" Section.
I still love what a UTA can do, but you are quite correct in as much as times and designs have moved on a great deal and there have been several RTAs that I felt had beaten the UTA into the long grass. Still a fabulous "Old School" RTA and one that I believe the MTL and Restricted Lung Hit merchants should seek out and enjoy :)

The UTA used to be one of my all day, everyday vapes. Once tamed, they really were exceptional :) I still have mine here and it has just been pressed back into service on my Pipe.
I have to agree about the use of Ultem for the tank on the recent clones, but I suppose this was an attempt to (a) cure Tank Cracker problems that plagued us in times gone by and (b) Ultem is very popular in certain circles.

Wicking was never an issue for me, once I had digested @TartanSpartan excellent Thread which is still to be found in the "How To" Section.
I still love what a UTA can do, but you are quite correct in as much as times and designs have moved on a great deal and there have been several RTAs that I felt had beaten the UTA into the long grass. Still a fabulous "Old School" RTA and one that I believe the MTL and Restricted Lung Hit merchants should seek out and enjoy :)

I do sometimes get the feeling that i missed the boat somewhat, with these early experimental tank designs over what was available then....this thing certainly shook the vaping world into showing what could be achieved.. must have put a fire cracker under those early cigalikes types, like the CE4!

I've read up about this enough, plus watched several vids on how to wic them correctly..looks straightforward enough. Apparently it's quite thirsty due to the excellent wicking, but one can vape very thick VG juices on this one.

Definately one on my wish list to try out...whenever FT restocks up on the clear plastic kit & bell caps.

Last edited:
@Deaf Vaper originals show up very occasionally but still command almost the original asking price - last one I saw was up for £170 and sold almost immediately!

I came across my old Coppervape one yesterday, as I'm streamlining my collection I decided it could be sold - I got it in a group buy on here years ago and used it extensively before passing it on to my Wife when the chance of a POTV version arose - big mistake! The flavour from the new one wasn't a patch on the old one, some very slight alterations had been made, and it used to piss itself randomly for no reason, lost two mods to that bastard - and would she hell give me it back!

It's an extensive kit - comes with frosted, clear and metal tank sections in 2.8ml (iirc) and 5ml and the chimneys for both sizes, an atty stand/build deck and a tank holder for when your working on your build. Sadly both the frosted and clear tanks in 2.8ml expired through use as it was only ever used in that configuration, the metal tank section is the only option for that size. The three 5ml sections are brand new however! It's got some scratches on the base and two tiny dings, one at the top and the other is on the edge of the base, both were there from new :( But overall its in decent very usable condition with spare orings etc. The driptip is missing as it was long since changed, it wasn't the best TBH.

Talking of driptips, it has a tendency to pool some liquid in the driptip well, not a lot, but it can cause a wee gurgle when it needs dried out and maybe needs done 3-4 times a day, if I remember rightly - we both lived with it due to the flavour on offer. You occasionally need to take the base apart as condensation can build up which can and does tarnish the contacts in there - not very often though, every few weeks, quick dry out and wee polish of the contacts, just the nature of the design. As Rob says, follow his link for wicking as it works a treat - 3mm coils allows plenty of cotton and you kinda need that. It's an absolute cinch to stick a coil in but wicking takes a bit of practice - you need to leave the wick long then, pull the ends together and lift them up vertically then feed them through a round section that clicks in to the deck, splay your wick back out normally and insert them into the grooves that are there, then you place another circular section over the top of the other one and turn slightly to lightly grip the wick - you then have to hold those sections and screw a knurled cap on that holds everything together, then I trim the wicks to the edge of the knurled cap and flatten it out. It sounds more complex than it is in practice but does take time to get used to how it goes together/works, but my Mrs had no issues wicking it herself - once you get it down pat it'll wick bloody concrete and never leaks a drop. I remain convinced it'll wick 100%vg ,never tried but it got a 90%vg liquid through it by opening the wick slots slightly more than usual - my Mrs ADV is 73%vg as I'm a lazy bugger and don't bother with pg apart from nic/flavouring, absolutely no bother. Wee touch tighter on the wick ring and it ran my 50/50 Manabush lovely. Worked great in TC too. It's a wee bit thirsty but that's why the flavour is so good ;) It was only replaced as she wanted something that top filled and I had moved totally to RDAs.

And that's about as warts an all as it gets! It's no doubt been superseded, but it remains an absolute classic RTA.

Let me strip/clean/check it over and I'll stick a sales post up tomorrow, and tag you for first refusal :)

Edit just checked the price of a new one, only £18 - cover the postage and you can have it gratis, you're a good egg DV and it's sitting doing feck all anyway. Would rather someone gets the use of it and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom