What's new

Coil Muck

SpennyStooge

Achiever
Eyup. Bored, so I thought I'd start a fred.

What's the score with all the black stuff on yer coils? I re-wick daily and always clean me Glaz Mini thoroughly. I fire up the coil, give it a few strums, run it under some warm water and even lightly brush it with an old soft toothbrush. But it's still always covered in gunk. Finding meself putting a new coil in every 3 days.

I've been using Kanthal A1, 26g. 2.5mm diameter. Wound meself. Is it the higher PG in the juice? Been mainly puffing on Desserts 12 or 18mg and nic salts 20mg.

No big deal, I enjoy building and have loads of wire and time at the minute. I just wondered. And any tips to avoid this? I like a clean coil, mate.

Cheers.

If you rewick and/or recoil because of how it vapes rather than how it looks, you will need to do it less,.
In my experience high pg is better than high vg for wick/coil life.
sweet juice is said to be worse, but that is not my taste.

Probably the sweetners in the desserts juices that will be doing it, desserts, custards and tobaccos and very sweet juices will so it more than fruity types of juice

Could be anything from NET's to sweet eliquid.

High VG and sweet liquids apparently. Don't know about nic salts

Probably the sweetners in the desserts juices that will be doing it, desserts, custards and tobaccos and very sweet juices will so it more than fruity types of juice
That was what I was thinking. I stuck mainly to fruity juices on DTL and never once had it.

Cheers

I fucking hate a mucky coil me. I know it doesn't matter. But it does.

I probably replace it every few days. When rewicking in between, I first wrap the whole build in a bit of bog kitchen roll and shake it real hard to get all the juice out of the wicking holes and from round the screws. Then I screw that bit of bog roll up and pull it through the centre of the coil to clear off any build up inside. Sometimes wipe round the outside of the coil too. Then I fire it up, strum it to knock all the crusty bits off.

I fucking hate a mucky coil me. I know it doesn't matter. But it does.

I probably replace it every few days. When rewicking in between, I first wrap the whole build in a bit of bog kitchen roll and shake it real hard to get all the juice out of the wicking holes and from round the screws. Then I screw that bit of bog roll up and pull it through the centre of the coil to clear off any build up inside. Sometimes wipe round the outside of the coil too. Then I fire it up, strum it to knock all the crusty bits off.
Pain in the arse, mate. I'd have expected it after a week, but not a day. I just find it quicker and easier to bung a new coil in.

Back
Top Bottom