What's new

Clapton wire for MTL vaping? Advice please.

Most people that use mtl gear don’t run it at 30w though. At 12-15w it was awful.

Vandy Vape NI80 Mtl fused Clapton 30+2x38 the worst wire I have ever used. To quote the words of a fellow trusted Ape - "it’s the work of the devil".

Coilology Mtl Clapton ni 28&40 - superb

Ordered their SS to see what it’s like

I think the problem is it having 2 core wires. A lot of them seem to be like that.

I think the problem is it having 2 core wires. A lot of them seem to be like that.

You could be right Mister Zou. I don’t have the technical know how, experience or whatever to give the precise reason but it was truly awful. Muted flavour, rough as hell and just generally awful.

I was stupid enough to try one of the pair that came with the simple ex squonker. Awful stuff. Whipped it straight back out.

I was stupid enough to try one of the pair that came with the simple ex squonker. Awful stuff. Whipped it straight back out.
I honestly don’t know if it was a bad batch but I spent most of yesterday experimenting with it between 1.1 to .85 ohms 18-12 watts and it was the worst experience have had vaping to date and that was using the Vapeshell to test it in. I then changed to kanthal, which I don’t usually like, to compare it and the difference was night and day.

However with the non fused coilology wire I get wonderful results.

It makes me realise how much a persons experience can be tainted by simply purchasing the wrong type of coil

Back
Top Bottom