What's new

Can i only use 60% maximum VG?

BTC

Hi,

Just ordered a Zenith Pro tank and some Zenith 1.6 coils as apparently they are more suitable for MTL.

Looking at the pinned thread it recommends only using a maximum of 60% VG, looking at the Zenith coil spec it says you can use up to 70% VG.

Could i ask why 60% max is recommended and will 70% be OK to use?

Thanks

Hi @BTC and welcome to the planet.

ive not got the zenith but most mtl tanks recommend 50/50 juice as 70vg may be a little too thick for the wick holes to soak up the juice quick enough.
one way is to try it with 70vg and if you get dry hits or the coils only last days instead of weeks then that tells you to lower your vg.

A lot of it will depend on how long you draw for, how long you wait between puffs, wattage used, maybe even airflow. As DJ says you'll just have to try.

But unless there's a reason to use 70% VG for MTL I wouldn't, I get poor flavour and worse vaping experience overall.

.... also almost all the coils for the zenith are MTL coils, it's a MTL tank. There's no 'more suitable for MTL' coils. The only exception being the 25w 1.0 ohm Z-coil designed specifically for restricted DL.

z-coils-2.jpg

Agree with above. Anything North of 60% in a mtl tank is asking for dry hits. burnt cotton and premature coil death.
Always been an issue. It can be done with few short drags but that's no life is it.

I tend to stick to 50/50 for MTL. It jst works perfectly for all MTL tanks. For higher VG shorfills I add PG nic to bring it down to a more balanced ratio.

Back
Top Bottom