What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

bishop mtl rta

Somehow I can not feel safe these kind of rtas where only orings hold the tank section like Fev, Era, Sputnik and now this Bishop I do not want to end up with liquid in my pocket :confused:
I do not say these are not great rtas just not for me unfortunately

You are right @pancser , there is a risk, but it has never happened to me.
Major, Fev, Era and Sputnik. I gladly use all of these. I had no problems. O-ring quality and suitability are important for safe.

people use drippers and go about with them in a pocket and they are mostly always held on by o rings.

I put my devices into my trousers front pocket and I work in a small grocery shop. I move goods, refill shelves etc. all day everyday and I will def not try anything held by orings but this is just my opinion. :)

I put my devices into my trousers front pocket and I work in a small grocery shop. I move goods, refill shelves etc. all day everyday and I will def not try anything held by orings but this is just my opinion. :)

I hear what you say re risking a liquid dump in your pocket but the FeV and Sputnik are fairly safe in your pocket if you put them in a side by side mod. If I’m out and about and not using a SBS mod I’ll take a Dvarw 22FL or Expromizer 4 (top fill top airflow) which are also leak free.

Your missing out not trying the FeV or Sputnik, they are both easy to wick and have great flavour, especially the FeV.

I have tried a gazillion different tanks and always avoided bottom fill until I tried the ones above wouldn’t go back. Bottom fill is no real extra hassle especially if you get around 4ml or greater capacity tank for the atty.

87A398F0-B019-4286-BFFF-9BAE208292E6.jpeg

So has anyone had a bash on the Bishop then?!! Watched Todds review and note the Vaper Bay have them in stock.

I don’t like bottom fill, and I also worry it might be too tight a draw for my taste but it’s a really nice looking tank and not badly priced. Piece of cake to build and wick as well... Any feedback from anyone who’s tried it.

So has anyone had a bash on the Bishop then?!! Watched Todds review and note the Vaper Bay have them in stock.

I don’t like bottom fill, and I also worry it might be too tight a draw for my taste but it’s a really nice looking tank and not badly priced. Piece of cake to build and wick as well... Any feedback from anyone who’s tried it.

I’ve been using one (4ml version) for about a week now, so for what it’s worth here are my impressions.

It is (in my view) a nice looking tank, it seems well made and nicely finished and compact.

It is super easy to wick and has never given me a dry hit so eliquid feed seems to work great (I’m using 50/50 juice simple 26 Kanthal 2.5id 0.7Ohm). Coiling was a little tricker though as there are no retaining lugs and the screw heads are quite a small diameter. It’s not hard, just a little tricker than it could have been, underhand coils required.

Flavour wise I put it about average to slightly above with a faintly sweet tobacco juice but can’t say for fruits, bakery etc.

I favour a loose(ish) MTL and can’t quite get there with the largest air pins supplied but if you like anything less you should be able to find what you like right down to a super tight draw with the combination of air pins and blank provided. It’s super quiet too, only the sound of your coil crackling to be heard.

There are only two real major negatives.
1. The tank and airflow section only needs to be lifted about 4mm before it detaches from the base part (coil/wick part) so it can easily work loose as it’s not nearly tight enough. This means I would not recommend this as a tank you carry around in your pocket al day, it WILL come apart.

2. I have many bottom fill tanks and don’t mind them at all now, in fact they have some advantages over most top fillers. The Bishop however is not one to start bottom filling with. It relies entirely on the grip of the glass staying on the top part when you unscrew to fill, in reality, the glass appears just as happy to stay with the bottom section so any liquid remaining in the tank will just dump on your hand.

In conclusion, I got the Bishop because I like the FeV which works brilliantly, but it’s big and I can’t buy a genuine one in the UK (FeV won’t ship here). The Bishop promised the same/similar airflow style, simple wicking and liquid feed system in a more compact form factor. It so nearly succeeded but the two major negatives mentioned above means I won’t be buying anymore of them.

Hope you find this useful.

I’ve been using one (4ml version) for about a week now, so for what it’s worth here are my impressions.

It is (in my view) a nice looking tank, it seems well made and nicely finished and compact.

It is super easy to wick and has never given me a dry hit so eliquid feed seems to work great (I’m using 50/50 juice simple 26 Kanthal 2.5id 0.7Ohm). Coiling was a little tricker though as there are no retaining lugs and the screw heads are quite a small diameter. It’s not hard, just a little tricker than it could have been, underhand coils required.

Flavour wise I put it about average to slightly above with a faintly sweet tobacco juice but can’t say for fruits, bakery etc.

I favour a loose(ish) MTL and can’t quite get there with the largest air pins supplied but if you like anything less you should be able to find what you like right down to a super tight draw with the combination of air pins and blank provided. It’s super quiet too, only the sound of your coil crackling to be heard.

There are only two real major negatives.
1. The tank and airflow section only needs to be lifted about 4mm before it detaches from the base part (coil/wick part) so it can easily work loose as it’s not nearly tight enough. This means I would not recommend this as a tank you carry around in your pocket al day, it WILL come apart.

2. I have many bottom fill tanks and don’t mind them at all now, in fact they have some advantages over most top fillers. The Bishop however is not one to start bottom filling with. It relies entirely on the grip of the glass staying on the top part when you unscrew to fill, in reality, the glass appears just as happy to stay with the bottom section so any liquid remaining in the tank will just dump on your hand.

In conclusion, I got the Bishop because I like the FeV which works brilliantly, but it’s big and I can’t buy a genuine one in the UK (FeV won’t ship here). The Bishop promised the same/similar airflow style, simple wicking and liquid feed system in a more compact form factor. It so nearly succeeded but the two major negatives mentioned above means I won’t be buying anymore of them.

Hope you find this useful.

That’s a really helpful and useful post Frank. Thank you very much. You’ve answered my two key questions: can you get the type of airy MTL I like (probably not) and the bottom fill design. I’m also guessing from what you’ve said that 70/30 juice is going to struggle with the juice flow holes? A negative for me as I don’t mix 50/50 or buy it.

I’ll give this one a pass. Thanks again pal, that was dead helpful

That’s a really helpful and useful post Frank. Thank you very much. You’ve answered my two key questions: can you get the type of airy MTL I like (probably not) and the bottom fill design. I’m also guessing from what you’ve said that 70/30 juice is going to struggle with the juice flow holes? A negative for me as I don’t mix 50/50 or buy it.

I’ll give this one a pass. Thanks again pal, that was dead helpful

Glad you found it helpful.
To be clear, from everything I’ve read the tank liquid feed works fine with 70/30, similar to the FeV.

Glad you found it helpful.
To be clear, from everything I’ve read the tank liquid feed works fine with 70/30, similar to the FeV.

Thanks. I’ll be passing on this one due to the restriction. It’s not my style. One for the true MTL vapers I think

Back
Top Bottom