What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Best platform to build RTAs ?

Hamish McTaxi

Postman
I've just moved into this area and have a plethora of tanks arriving over the coming days and weeks...after much research.

The Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA arrived today, in SS, and it looks stunning, if but a little tall.

The Innokin Ares 2 RTA DTA22 & DTA24 are on their way, but from China. So too, the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA. But it's gonna be a while, always is.

But, the Pandora MTL RTA and Damn Vape Diamond 22mm MTL RTA, will be arriving shortly.

Coils will be + Ω, and vaping at low watt, so no need for a Coilmaster. 50% of mods have DNA chips. Could use a mod without a battery, but too tall for deck building. Have seen some sexy 510 wood stands on Etsy, but was wondering what other, cheaper, options were available ?

Or what would the experienced members of POTV recommend before I spend the prie of a nice new tank on a funky, wooden 510 stand ?

Is it something like this you're after ?
https://www.vaprio.eu/product-kizoku-atomizer-stand-wood.html
upload_2020-7-1_4-4-6.png

A piece of scrap wood and a 7mm drill bit

If u want to add a nice touch, use a 22 or 24 mm paddle bit to add a slight countersink

Its free and u can make as many as u want

Or
20200630_235700.jpg
20200630_235727.jpg
20200630_235959.jpg

Or a 7mm drill bit and furniture you dont care about :-)

Seriously tho, i store my tanks in pill bottles, u know, the orange kind with white tops.

If you want to be really cheap just ask the nearest pharmacy for the widest bottle they have, they will probably just give it to you, take off the top, punch a hole in it, and screw in the base (yes it will thread in even if its not round just has to be close to the right size)

I just made this in 30 seconds with a pocketknife

Last edited:
I build all my decks on a resin skull purchased from moomoo mods fits in the hand nicely and makes things easy.

Vapesmarter (Stu) makes stunning looking build stands have a look through his making threads [emoji6]

I use my old Vamo mod without a battery. I find it great to be able to hold the build up at different angles so I can see much more clearly while I'm inserting the coils and arranging the cotton how I want. My Blotto's have tiny little screws and also holding the build up to the light means I can see the gaps much more clearly to make sure I've got the coils perfectly positioned.

I use my normal mods to dry fire the coils while I'm tweaking and strumming them then back onto the Vamo to sort out the wicking.

Surely I can't be the only person who builds tanks by holding the deck in my hand? That'll be your cheapest option, just be careful not to slip and stab your finger when tightening the screws.

I have an ohm reader but barely use it these days.

Back
Top Bottom