What's new

Best for flavour

jj87

Postman
I have spent a very long time (& a fair few quid) looking for the best flavour from a MTL atty, I am fairly content ( minus a heron!!) With the set ups I have, to which is a calix v2, although by the sounds of it the v4 is better, a strike 18 for squonking and the Exocet for the billet box, with the nextiny and in'ax carto for mesh needs. Got me thinking what is others best MTL for flavour?

I think you know my choice :)

Heron all the way - actually the Calix v2 is very good as well.

Weirdly as much as I don’t like dripping ... the heron (when set up like I do) is actually really a tank fed dripper - there is no pressure feed, the juice comes straight down via dint of the cotton tail to the coil which sits in a small chamber underneath.

The spheroid family has great flavour as well

I live the flavour from mesh (in’ax has great flavour) but can linger be arsed with mesh and the faffing

Mine might be obvious too!

SXK Corolla for me ..... first time I used one I was thinking "Jesus too much flavour, I don't know if I like this" .... Vaping El Diablo was like drinking neat squash. :D

Mine might be obvious too!

SXK Corolla for me ..... first time I used one I was thinking "Jesus too much flavour, I don't know if I like this" .... Vaping El Diablo was like drinking neat squash. :D
ok .. ill bite - got a linky?

Im going to insert it into you if its too airy :)

@jj87 :) Hi Jamie, in my humble opinion, you could add 2 more flavour machines to your arsenal which would satisfy.
The Hussar RTA........... What a sleeper this has turned out to be!! Running a Single 2.5id Spaced Coil of .30 SS316L at about 14 Watts makes for a very fine and flavoursome experience. I use mine with the smaller Tank as I feel it enhances the flavour even more.

Then........... The Skyline!! One of the very few RTAs that had the potential to knock the Calix V3 off it's Top Spot for flavour, for me. It isn't as flexible when it comes to choice of builds as the Calix, but for Flavour.......... I'd be splitting hairs.

@jj87 :) Hi Jamie, in my humble opinion, you could add 2 more flavour machines to your arsenal which would satisfy.
The Hussar RTA........... What a sleeper this has turned out to be!! Running a Single 2.5id Spaced Coil of .30 SS316L at about 14 Watts makes for a very fine and flavoursome experience. I use mine with the smaller Tank as I feel it enhances the flavour even more.

Then........... The Skyline!! One of the very few RTAs that had the potential to knock the Calix V3 off it's Top Spot for flavour, for me. It isn't as flexible when it comes to choice of builds as the Calix, but for Flavour.......... I'd be splitting hairs.

Cheers @Rob I'm going to look at them, heard about the hussar before,

I'm going to ask a very silly question and I'm sure I know the answer already but I'll ask anyway... What about the calix v4? Is that as great as what I'm hearing and flavoursome? Like I said think I have an idea but want to be sure before such a purchase is made.

I found the skyline too airy!

I found the skyline too airy!

:) You WOULD!!!! :D Seriously though, this is one of the reasons why I tend to keep quite in threads such as these. Everyone likes something different. It's a bit like being asked for recommendations for Restaurants isn't it? What I might like, may very well turn out to be garbage to another!

I think it fair to say that I prefer a slightly more airy draw compared to you Martyn? For instance, the Berserker that you showed me? WONDERFUL thing, but I couldn't enjoy it with the minimal amount of air that you had set it for. I opened it a bit more and was blown away :2thumbsup:

As I said in the "other" thread on this subject, my vaping has evolved somewhat and I would struggle these days to gain the enjoyment from some items that I once did. Horses for Courses innit :)

I really like the Berserker and just ordered the mini for out and about on a smaller mod. I am stuck for a favorite I like the Skyline and it's quiet! the kayfun prime is good as is the Hastur not tried the Hussar or Calix V4 maybe I will have to!! So much choice now,

Cheers @Rob I'm going to look at them, heard about the hussar before,

I'm going to ask a very silly question and I'm sure I know the answer already but I'll ask anyway... What about the calix v4? Is that as great as what I'm hearing and flavoursome? Like I said think I have an idea but want to be sure before such a purchase is made.

OK Jamie.......... Here we GO!!!!!

Personally, I loved The CalixV2. So much so that I had 6 of em. Then the V3 Came out, it too had its charms but its appearance spoiled it for me? It had lost some of the "Look" of the V1 and V2 which I particularly loved. :)

The V4 has kept with a similar footprint aesthetically, but there ALL comparisons end. The redesigned SS Cup and the New Chimney have made a HUGE difference in my view. Obviously we have the new AFC which I like....... A LOT, we then have the changeable Air Flow Pin that allows you to completely change the draw. Admittedly, I haven't had the chance to try this myself as my V4 is touring Reviewers and the New Reduced Pin was sent straight to its current user.

I AM Biased............ I admit it! I LOVE the whole Calix experience, from V1 through to today's V4. It ISN'T for everyone, let's clear that up right now, but for someone who wants a MTL RTA that offers astonishing flexibility and Flavour production............. Takes some beating! :)

Back
Top Bottom