What's new

Aspire/Taifun Nautilus GT Mini

@Toastie: I don`t wish to cast aspersions but I suspect many of the complaints about BVC coils are due to fakes. Are all your coils authentic and bought from reputable sources?

@Toastie: I don`t wish to cast aspersions but I suspect many of the complaints about BVC coils are due to fakes. Are all your coils authentic and bought from reputable sources?

It's a good call, no offence taken. They're genuine, I buy from wholesale coils 99% of the time. The pack of 1.8s I had the problem with were purchased from my local VPZ store.

I don`t think it`s possible to install a coil with the tank/chimney in place. I`ve decided to give mine another chance, but if it misbehaves then I`ll.......I`ll......I`ll give it a damn good thrashing. That`ll teach it. Harrumph.

Haha, best of luck with it. I'm doing the same right now with the EVL Twin, it's behaving so far, if problems return I'll contact John at EVL for assistance.

My only slight niggle with the Twin is that it`s sometimes difficult to unscrew the base to fill. A combination of Ultem holding on to the O-ring and over-tightening I suspect. Other than that I`m very happy with it. I have no clue what`s causing your problem, it`s a strange one indeed.

Last edited:
No dig at VPZ but if fake medicines can find their way in to the NHS supply chain then fake coils could show up even from reputable sources. There was a documentary on TV a few years back where they investigated the proliferation of fake parts in the aviation industry, brake linings IIRC. Are you planning on flying at all?

I think it might be a condensation issue causing my fluttery/squeeky airflow. The pin doesn't sit snug in the base of the 0.7, I think it is designed that way to prevent you from bending the positive wire, but it might be leaving a tiny pin size gap against the grommet. Anyone remember the squeeky airflow screw issues some had from the genuine Kayfun Mini v3? That was caused by condensation, reminds me of that, just not as bad. I'll also have overwicking appear out of nowhere and not go away, not filling related. 50/50 and 60VG juice, in the house so doubt its a sun thinning the juice issue.

To be honest, I've had issues with pretty much every tank I've ever tried over the years that takes the Nautilus coils. We just don't get along it seems aha.

No dig at VPZ but if fake medicines can find their way in to the NHS supply chain then fake coils could show up even from reputable sources. There was a documentary on TV a few years back where they investigated the proliferation of fake parts in the aviation industry, brake linings IIRC. Are you planning on flying at all?

True, I no longer have the box so cannot check that one. I fully trust wholesale coils though, but I'll check the code on the next ones, if I ever buy anymore. Might go back to my RTA's full time instead.

My slight gurgle has just returned on the Twin, yet when I strip it down, there appears to be no excess juice inside the coil and when I unscrew the coil, the inside of the base is dry... I've inspected my o-rings, no damage, complete mystery. Like I said, me and Nautilus stuff have history aha.

@Toastie

Old style 0.7 ohm

IMG_20200803_155903.jpg

Mini Trition 1.8ohm clapton

IMG_20200803_155929.jpg

1.2ohm

IMG_20200803_155951.jpg

1.8ohm

IMG_20200803_160112.jpg

No problem with any of them.... and of course the 1.6ohm and the new 0.7ohm that came in the box work fine too..... I've gone through about 20 coils in total and they all fit fine. ... they appear to anyway, obviously I've not actually used them but it doesn't appear to be an issue they all slid in the top without much resistance at all.

Not sure why the ones you had were tight.

@Toastie

Old style 0.7 ohm

View attachment 225233

Mini Trition 1.8ohm clapton

View attachment 225234

1.2ohm

View attachment 225235

1.8ohm

View attachment 225236

No problem with any of them.... and of course the 1.6ohm and the new 0.7ohm that came in the box work fine too..... I've gone through about 20 coils in total and they all fit fine. ... they appear to anyway, obviously I've not actually used them but it doesn't appear to be an issue they all slid in the top without much resistance at all.

Not sure why the ones you had were tight.

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm stumped too as they were genuine 1.8s, manufacturing defect is my only explanation.

Wouldn't be the first time I've had dodgy machining on genuine coils. Had a pack of 0.7s once where they all worked fine, except for the last coil, which refused to screw into the billet box bridge, something was up with the threading.

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm stumped too as they were genuine 1.8s, manufacturing defect is my only explanation.

Wouldn't be the first time I've had dodgy machining on genuine coils. Had a pack of 0.7s once where they all worked fine, except for the last coil, which refused to screw into the billet box bridge, something was up with the threading.

I think that sounds likely ... I've have ones with wonky bottom threads (so the coil sticks up at an angle from the base) and ones with bad top threads (so I couldn't screw my kabuki together.) That's 2 instances over 4 years so I'm not that bothered but it does happen for sure.

Back
Top Bottom