What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Aspire Nautilus GT

mustybadger

Postman
2.jpg

Just thought I'd open up a discussion topic for this little beauty.

Designed by Taifun, produced by Aspire. Pretty good combination if you ask me. Just using one at the moment with a bit of Digby's Rheum, 11mg at 10 watts on my trusty old IPV D3 and it's an awesome vape, not too dissimilar to a Kabuki but at a third of the price and, dare I say, with smoother airflow and top-fill!

20200206-121219.jpg

The 24mm diameter is taking a little getting-used-to just because all of my primary vapes have either been pod's (recently), Billet Boxes (for the last 2 years or so) or the little Nautilus Mini back in the day, and it's quite hefty (reassuringly so), but the vape you get out of it is worth the effort of having a sizable tank sat on a mod.

Anyone else have one? Thoughts?

I’ve been contemplating getting one of these. Sat in my basket on vapeclub. Which coil are you using please?

I've had one for a bit over a week now with the glint mod, and tbh I'm really enjoying it. Im new to nautilus coils and tanks, and so far I quite like the mesh one at 16watts (rated 20-25) on the third airflow hole, gives a nice loose mtl, with some 9mg Nic salts, tried 12mg freebase and it was too harsh. The 1.6 I managed to burn quite quick but I've a feeling it was my choice of juice on that one, as it gunks quick on my rebuildables too, but flavour and overall vape was nice on that too. I'm keen to try out different types of coils, like the triton Clapton or Nic Salt ones. So far it's been a really smooth vape, and can't complain about the flavour either, doesn't match what I can get from my hastur mini, but still decent. Bought as a backup but at the moment it's my main mtl device.

DSC_0026.JPG

Got the 4.2ml extension, Happy days.

First impressions on this tank are superb,dare I say better than the zenith!Of course this could change over time but at the moment money well spent.

I'm also really happy with my purchase. Now running 0.7 coil at 16-17W with 1.5mm airflow hole and it's a really pleasant vape. Perfect for when I don't feel like rebuilding. And it looks great on my Dani :)

Ive had problems with the coil flooding on mine,has happened with a couple of coils,been fine,left a day and when ive gone to use it again its gurgly,had same problem when refilling as well.

Ive had problems with the coil flooding on mine,has happened with a couple of coils,been fine,left a day and when ive gone to use it again its gurgly,had same problem when refilling as well.

I had that happen to me a few times after refilling, I found that if after you install a new coil and prime it, close the airflow then fill the tank. Then leave the tank for ten mins upside down with airflow open while the coil is saturating. After trying this I've not had any flooding/leaking even when refilling. Normally if the coil is a little gurgly it should all be vaped up after a few pulls :D

For some reason I brought three of these, with some of the AIO coils. Might have had a touch of vapers tounge with the AIO coils but might have been tainted nic I added to the Nokomis which reduced the flavour. However the 0.7 mesh coil on full airflow open gives a really nice restricted DTL and good flavour. Will have to try some different juices through the coils, but really love the tanks airflow, filling, aesthetics and design. Would be great for a little rba section to come out for it somehow too.

Back
Top Bottom