What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Aspire mixx

It does a thing but I defo wouldn't recommend it as a daily mod.... awkward is the word I would use to describe it, it looks awkward, it feels awkward. Nothing I own looks particularly good on it. I like the screen but it's on the bottom so I don't see that. :D

It does seem well made though, no complains with the quality if you like how it looks and feels in your hand.
It was the 'awkward' description that made my mind up for me.

I kind of like my Aspire Mixx.

mixx hc 02.jpg

the bottom edge feels so sharp, it's really horrible to hold, the display only shows the voltage and amps when you fire, but as it's on the bottom you can't see that anyway, the up down buttons are in my palm, my index finger sits nicely over the air intake on my tank so blocks the airflow. you can't use it in the rain as the water would go straight in the massive holes in the battery cap and down the side of your battery. the grooves in the tube are really uncomfortable, all my tanks either look too short or too tall. Aspire really paid them to design this?

I really hate it... :D
I now have the easy side by side and that has big holes on top of the battery cap, am I missing something as its no different than the mixx in that concern.

I now have the easy side by side and that has big holes on top of the battery cap, am I missing something as its no different than the mixx in that concern.
The Aspire battery cap has holes in it for battery venting. I haven't seen the easy mod so I cant say about that one.

The Mixx is turning out to be a real marmite mod. If you love the looks and can get used to the finger fire position it's a winner. If you don't, all the design compromises start to annoy.

I've never mentioned the easy or said it was any better of a design.

like I said

venting? a couple of small holes near the other end of the tube would have done for that, or a small hole under the bit you hold on to... the whole cap is open I can see my battery through it and what colour wrap it has! :D

It wouldn't have been my choice of cap or placement for 'venting' holes. (pointing in your face)

The Aspire battery cap has holes in it for battery venting. I haven't seen the easy mod so I cant say about that one.
The battery Caps are exactly the same on both mods, so both mods can't be used in the rain. Simong mentioned this about the mixx, so I was just wondering
The easy has exactly the same battery cap. I was just wondering as simong mentioned about the battery Cap on the mixx if he had a different Cap on his
I've never mentioned the easy or said it was any better of a design.

like I said

It wouldn't have been my choice of cap or placement for 'venting' holes. (pointing in your face)
Ahh ok, I thought that you had a easy and was pointing out the holes on battery cap were different than the easy. Seems like both mods share the same cap.

The Mixx is turning out to be a real marmite mod. If you love the looks and can get used to the finger fire position it's a winner. If you don't, all the design compromises start to annoy.
I like the mixx, far sturdier than the easy and I find it comfortable in the hand, though if you like tc best go for the easy, if I buy another side by side I would go for the mixx, especially the price you can get them for, but both are good mods.

I like the mixx, far sturdier than the easy and I find it comfortable in the hand, though if you like tc best go for the easy, if I buy another side by side I would go for the mixx, especially the price you can get them for, but both are good mods.
Is the easy mod designed by sunbox like the aspire mixx? I think that aspire would have used the same cap as the feedlink if it were up to them but sunbox designed it, the feedlink cap takes about a 1/4 turn to take off.

I have a Mixx, and love it. I've got an Easy coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom