What's new

Ares 2/II RTA Prototype

Sorry that my posts are bitty but I can conclude my initial thoughts now @quincey43 @Coolie27 @BigCloud .
In my opinion the airflow should work for any MTL type of draw. There are loads of potential configs. Adjusting that under coil airflow not only makes a big difference to the draw but also the flavour as well. I've been using Manabush Tribute Chiri Sun and the adjustments make a noticeable difference to the flavour profile and which elements of it come out. I seem to have found a balanced profile that I like by doing this. I am just using a simple 27g kanthal, 2.5 ID coil btw.
Apart from all that everything is really simple from a build point of view. I think the updates on this version make a big difference in comparison to the V1.
Thanks for the update, looks like another to add to my collection but I may have to wait a while as I have bought tooooo much lately and have the Pandora on it's way to me from Naturevape hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday but I will definitely be getting the Ares v2 pretty soon!

Sorry that my posts are bitty but I can conclude my initial thoughts now @quincey43 @Coolie27 @BigCloud .
In my opinion the airflow should work for any MTL type of draw. There are loads of potential configs. Adjusting that under coil airflow not only makes a big difference to the draw but also the flavour as well. I've been using Manabush Tribute Chiri Sun and the adjustments make a noticeable difference to the flavour profile and which elements of it come out. I seem to have found a balanced profile that I like by doing this. I am just using a simple 27g kanthal, 2.5 ID coil btw.
Apart from all that everything is really simple from a build point of view. I think the updates on this version make a big difference in comparison to the V1.

thanks mate just what i hoped to hear

Thanks @rew, I’m torn between the Ares 2 and the Pandora. I’ll no doubt end up with both at some point.

And it's a bit thirstier than I expected it to be. Not quite 'Galaxies RDTA thirsty', but, yeah.

Just to update my initial impressions of the tank.

Turns out it's not as thirsty that I though it was.

After doing a puff counter run on the Ares 2 & the MD tank, I get around 15 extra draws from the MD if both tanks are vaped until there's no liquid sloshing around in the bottom.

Once you factor in the extra liquid the longer wicks of the Ares 2 will hold, I'd say they're pretty much the same.

I've got the Pandora turning up tomorrow. Have no self will at the moment

I know, I’m curbing the spending at the moment. Got a wedding to pay for and a bit of job uncertainty. I’ll read with interest seems they are both in contention at the moment. They might have to be Christmas presents. [emoji848]

Last edited:
I know, I’m curbing the spending at the moment. Got a wedding to pay for and a bit of job uncertainty. I’ll read with interest seems they are both in contention at the moment. They might have to be Christmas parents. [emoji848]

You getting married? Congrats if you are

You getting married? Congrats if you are

Yes,thank you. it’s been a bit of a whirlwind. Not the relationship. That’s 10 years. We needed to be sure [emoji3] We got engaged in March and getting married in Jan 21.

I've got the Pandora turning up tomorrow. Have no self will at the moment

A comparison against the Ares 2 on the throat hit would be nice if possible? ( still refuse to buy a Spica Pro! )

Back
Top Bottom