What's new

Ares 2/II RTA Prototype

Sigh. Well it appears that the Ares and me are destined not to get along. My Ares 2 arrived today from CDV in its sealed box and it's faulty and unusable from the off.

As soon as I unscrewed the tank to inspect the deck I noticed the screw was missing from the positive coil deck post. I checked the box and found two spare screws but after failing to screw either of them into the post I realised that the actual post hole hasn't been threaded at all, so it's a non starter. The negative post appears fine.

I have always rated the build quality of Innokin products and still have my itaste VTR on my desk as a reminder of what I used to help me quit smoking, but how on earth this got through quality control is mind boggling, and the fact that it did leaves me somewhat concerned. So, if you have one on the way please check everything is ok before you use it and good luck. I won't be trying another one.

get in touch with them im sure they will send out a replacement for you bud

get in touch with them im sure they will send out a replacement for you bud

Yep, Cremedevape are excellent. Won't be any trouble getting a replacement.
I got mine today and no noticeable QC problems

Thanks guys and I have let CDV know about the issue.

Great news about yours @rew Do let us know how you get on with it when you're ready as I'm still very curious about it - from what I can see the cog airflow control looks very promising.

Thanks guys and I have let CDV know about the issue.

Great news about yours @rew Do let us know how you get on with it when you're ready as I'm still very curious about it - from what I can see the cog airflow control looks very promising.

Have lobbed a build in and am just trying it out with the tightest settings. Will say it can go proper old school MTL tight.

Changed the under coil airflow to it's most open and it's a really loose MTL draw for me. Not what I enjoy but it's there. Dont really know if you could get a RDL out of it as it's not really my thing.
Have to say though that it's quite fiddly changing the under coil airflow with the build in. I had to remove the wicking and raise the coil up and it was still quite tricky to see the hole properly.

Just ordered this from Le Petit Vapour in France as everything seems to be out of stock or 22mm and I wanted a bigger capacity. Will let you know how I get on and if I encounter any QC issues.

This is the review that persuaded me to get one:

I'm struggling to get any of my post on time from the UK so won't be surprised if I get it by Christmas.

Have adjusted the under coil airflow hole again to slightly open. Am now getting a spot on draw for me with the 2nd smallest hole on the airflow ring. Also am now getting a really nice flavour with this RTA.
You could spend absolutely ages with all the airflow configs but I seem to have stumbled across something that works really well for me.

Last edited:
Just ordered this from Le Petit Vapour in France as everything seems to be out of stock or 22mm and I wanted a bigger capacity. Will let you know how I get on and if I encounter any QC issues.

This is the review that persuaded me to get one:

I'm struggling to get any of my post on time from the UK so won't be surprised if I get it by Christmas.

You should get it pretty quick from LPV. About 5 days or so.

Sorry that my posts are bitty but I can conclude my initial thoughts now @quincey43 @Coolie27 @BigCloud .
In my opinion the airflow should work for any MTL type of draw. There are loads of potential configs. Adjusting that under coil airflow not only makes a big difference to the draw but also the flavour as well. I've been using Manabush Tribute Chiri Sun and the adjustments make a noticeable difference to the flavour profile and which elements of it come out. I seem to have found a balanced profile that I like by doing this. I am just using a simple 27g kanthal, 2.5 ID coil btw.
Apart from all that everything is really simple from a build point of view. I think the updates on this version make a big difference in comparison to the V1.

Back
Top Bottom