What's new

Any tips?

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
It's also that it's an older tank, built for using a certain way ........ and possibly not the most encouraging introduction to MTL? ;)

So far, it's more encouraging than a pod system ;)

Shall have a go at something different later on tonight, either another cotton or a silica.

As it is right now it definitely shows something similar to potential.

So far, it's more encouraging than a pod system ;)

Shall have a go at something different later on tonight, either another cotton or a silica.

As it is right now it definitely shows something similar to potential.

Cheap Doggystyled from FT ......... much better ........... ;)

And if you try to use silica don't even think about tipping the tank more than about 45 degrees ..... leak city ....... :D

I'll consider another atty at some point, probably.

For the moment though, the K2 is pretty much acceptable - I took that with me when I went to do some work earlier and it did what I expected.

The aga, that's just a fun challenge really.

I have no pressing need or desire to go MTL, I just have an interest - but if I'm spending any money at all there are certain requirements, primarily no leakage at all...

I was in town today, so I thought I'd nip into a couple of vape shops and ask the question:

"Do you have any ss mesh wick?"

I should've known...

One place offered me a reel of mesh 'coil'. Then just looked at me like I was mental when I explained, then offered me cotton...

The other place, the guy was all "whoa, haven't seen that used for years".

So I can't buy it the old fashioned way. At least not around here.

Anyone got a little square of it laying about to save me getting a whole sheet for what is essentially an experiment?

I was in town today, so I thought I'd nip into a couple of vape shops and ask the question:

"Do you have any ss mesh wick?"

I should've known...

One place offered me a reel of mesh 'coil'. Then just looked at me like I was mental when I explained, then offered me cotton...

The other place, the guy was all "whoa, haven't seen that used for years".

So I can't buy it the old fashioned way. At least not around here.

Anyone got a little square of it laying about to save me getting a whole sheet for what is essentially an experiment?
PM me your details and I'll hunt some out. :)

ADDED: .... assuming I can find it ......... first rummage drew a blank, but it's here somewhere! :D

Last edited:
In other news, I did try something else, sort of...

I pulled out the wick furthest from the coil and poked it the rest of the way through:

15435175246201463889335.jpg

If I get a bit enthusiastic then the uppermost bit of wick goes a bit brown...

So, tweezer it through to a fresh section, snip off the soiled excess - kinda like a new wick...

It sort of works not awfully bad ;)

Wicking seems to have improved - could be psychological or could be from having an open hole sat there.

I might even end up liking this thing :)

I pulled out the wick furthest from the coil and poked it the rest of the way through:

View attachment 179222

So, tweezer it through to a fresh section, snip off the soiled excess - kinda like a new wick...

Wicking seems to have improved - could be psychological or could be from having an open hole sat there.

..... also, if you need to order anything else, like wire, Stealthvape offer free SS mesh offcuts (random gauge but good enough for a first play) if you remember to add it to your basket. Top seller too. :)

View attachment 179222

I find with the vaponaute vertical coil jobs, leaving a good 4mm or so of cotton sticking out above the top of the coil, and priming it well before use, seems to help prevent the top of it going brown.

Back
Top Bottom