What's new

Any new RTA's worth looking at?

JohnnyAce

Veteran
Haven't really kept up the last 6 months or so, anything out there I should be looking at?

Currently running Berserker Mini v2s, Vertexes & a Cthulu Artmeis 24/7

Something easy to get hold of in the UK, not something tight as a gnat's chuff, nothing high end or anything but seen there's a Siren v4 (I like the dorky drip tip & it's cheap), the Pandora looks nice, think there's quite a few out there so I could do with a shortlist

The Pandora is good but... different... to the Artemis IMO. Deffo go with the bellcap. I also really like the Aspire Neeko, but personally I wouldn't rate either above the Cthulhu.
A lot of people have love for the Pioneer but I found it impossible to build.

I've had the pandora for about a year, and the pioneer for about 3 months.

The pandora I ditched because although it was a decent vape it was a gurgly bugger and I wasn't mad keen on the look. Then I tried the bellcap a few months ago. It looks 10000 (possible exageration) times better and because it forces a bottom fill, the gurgling problems have gone. Now it is one of my favourite tanks. The vape even seems better, though I don't see how this can be anything other than my imagination.

The dark bellcap is a bit too opaque IMO, and you can't really see the liquid. But the clear one looks bang on to my eyes and reminds me of an upmarket doggy, Manabush have an offer on where you could pick up the atty and bellcap for about 28 notes. I think they're out of bellcaps atm, but @ZT said that they were getting some more in.

The pioneer is fantastic too, but in a different way. The draw for me is just perfect. Tight, yet flavourful. It has relegated my berserkers to the back bench. There are a bunch of different add ons you can buy too, stuff I normally wouldn't bother with (engraved tank section, different top cap), but I might make an exception because I've really fallen for this one.

Wicking is not normally my strong point, but I've had little trouble with this. It's a bit of a flatter build than normal. If you do have any problems, Todd and Bruce are 2 videos I would check out. Bruce's one is a classic in it's own right.

I don't think either of these came out in the last 6 months, but @Simebaby mentioned them and I'm a big fan of them both so thought I'd chip in.

Aspire Neeko for me. Comes with a large set of reducers to customise the draw.

Pioneer for me. Although they said a v1.5 is due soon. If you haven’t tried the ether it’s worth a try for the sake of a tenner.

I've had the pandora for about a year, and the pioneer for about 3 months.

The pandora I ditched because although it was a decent vape it was a gurgly bugger and I wasn't mad keen on the look. Then I tried the bellcap a few months ago. It looks 10000 (possible exageration) times better and because it forces a bottom fill, the gurgling problems have gone. Now it is one of my favourite tanks. The vape even seems better, though I don't see how this can be anything other than my imagination.

The dark bellcap is a bit too opaque IMO, and you can't really see the liquid. But the clear one looks bang on to my eyes and reminds me of an upmarket doggy, Manabush have an offer on where you could pick up the atty and bellcap for about 28 notes. I think they're out of bellcaps atm, but @ZT said that they were getting some more in.

The pioneer is fantastic too, but in a different way. The draw for me is just perfect. Tight, yet flavourful. It has relegated my berserkers to the back bench. There are a bunch of different add ons you can buy too, stuff I normally wouldn't bother with (engraved tank section, different top cap), but I might make an exception because I've really fallen for this one.

Wicking is not normally my strong point, but I've had little trouble with this. It's a bit of a flatter build than normal. If you do have any problems, Todd and Bruce are 2 videos I would check out. Bruce's one is a classic in it's own right.

I don't think either of these came out in the last 6 months, but @Simebaby mentioned them and I'm a big fan of them both so thought I'd chip in.
Pandies on the way - along with some of those coils that came with the eclipse, also some mini robot tanks and kits - which should be here sooner

The vertex is easy to build, great flavour and usually cheap to buy somewhere. Currently using the arbitor solo which I rate as well.

The vertex is easy to build, great flavour and usually cheap to buy somewhere. Currently using the arbitor solo which I rate as well.

I've already got two of those @tanglewood as stated in the OP :D

I had an Arbiter solo come yesterday & I'm not sold on it, might have to rebuild it

Giving the Pioneer a good look, will probably pick up a Siren v4 too

Giving the Pioneer a good look, will probably pick up a Siren v4 too

My 3 Vertex are now sidelined since the Siren v4 arrived.
Mainly due to it being shorter & stumpy which I prefer the look of ( apart from the logo )

Similar vape from both, with the flavour just a bit stronger on the Siren ( vaping peppermint menthol, so not exactly full of subtleties to pick through )

Only niggles I have with my Sirens are that working out your juice level can be a p.i.t.a, and my 2 have a noticeable difference in where the airflow ring has to be to get the same draw.

On one tank its 3/4 open, and the other is roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the way open.

Back
Top Bottom