What's new

Annoyed with the current salt situation

I think it is all marketing gimmick. Even tanks and coils specially designed for nic salt are available, as though they somehow need to be different.

I think it is all marketing gimmick. Even tanks and coils specially designed for nic salt are available, as though they somehow need to be different.

Yeah it's self perpetuation, the more pods and compacts are sold with 'designed for nic salts' written on them, the more liquids with nic salts come out, the more liquids with nic salts are sold the more companies will release device, coils, tanks with 'designed for nic salts' written on them.

... which is great if you like them. I just wish they would offer regular 12mg and 18mg along side them.

Bought 5 to try in pod and all smooth except wick liquor which killed my throat.

Only use salts when I can’t use rebuildables. Mostly menthol and a raspberry sorbet. I expect little from them and they do fine for what they are. Have some naughty Malaysian 30mg stuff. It’s actually the nicest salt I’ve tried but my god it makes me cough but is great when I can’t vape much and need to keep the nic going.

95% of the time I’m just shortfills with regular nic at 12 mg.

Tried some 20mg salt nic last year, throat hit is important for me and it had absolutely none. Not for me.

They should cater to both camps, but they tend to chase the money. Salts have their purpose but I doubt they'll ever replace freebase. It'll hit a point and then plateau, that's what I think.

We do have DIY as an option, but shouldn't be forced into it anymore than the bloody tpd already has done...

Has anyone used salts in shortfills? I wonder if there’s a difference in flavour?

Tried some 20mg salt nic last year, throat hit is important for me and it had absolutely none. Not for me.

They should cater to both camps, but they tend to chase the money. Salts have their purpose but I doubt they'll ever replace freebase. It'll hit a point and then plateau, that's what I think.

We do have DIY as an option, but shouldn't be forced into it anymore than the bloody tpd already has done...

I think in any industry things go in phases and fashions. It'll change, that's for sure

Well yeah, that's why I did start DIY, I didn't really want to but got sick of the lack of choice, especially post TPD.

I'm hoping you are right but at the moment it feels like they are replacing freebase, in new 50/50 liquids anyway.

I've thought about this since you posted, Si. Problem is, I think, that MTL vapers don't get through much juice .......... it's a lot of money to put a juice through regulations at each nic level, and I'm very aware that I only get through around 15/20ml a week. As I usually have several flavours on the go at once, and also DIY a couple, I'm really not in a position to complain. No juice vendor is going to keep their head above water by supplying me. Sadly. I'm grateful for what I can get TBH.

I've noticed on here that lots of the people who seem to like Nic salts seem to be more from the DTL camps looking for something stealthier. Who are used to getting through a lot more juice maybe?

Well yeah, that's why I did start DIY, I didn't really want to but got sick of the lack of choice, especially post TPD.

I'm hoping you are right but at the moment it feels like they are replacing freebase, in new 50/50 liquids anyway.

I don't usually buy most 10ml juices anyway, refuse to pay £5 upwards for something that'll barely last 2 days. I've recently decided to try out another set of £1 juices. Arrived today and really enjoying the spearmint gum so far. I will let people know my thoughts once I've vaped them all, I'm no reviewer and my taste buds aren't the strongest. So it'll be a case of are they well mixed, do they taste like they're supposed to or are they just chemical tasting crap.

Back
Top Bottom