What's new

...and an Ether issue

Simebaby

Postman
Hi All
Yes, I know. I'm rubbish.
Built a new Ether this morning - all good. Back on the coil tester for a change of wick - resistance reading zero ohms.
Changed the coil - zero ohms. Took the coil out completely - zero ohms (not -.--).
Coil tester working fine on other tanks.
Completely stripped, cleaned and dried - zero ohms.
Is it dead?
TIA
Si

Hi Simebaby :)

Your not having much luck so far eh. What with your Pandora and now your Ether. That doesn't mean you're rubbish though :D

Would it be possible for you to post an image of the zero ohms coil mounted? (As close a zoom as you can get)

Sometimes reading zero ohms can be a short! Maybe a tiny bit of the coil leg touching something it shouldn't.

Apologies for the quality, here you go.
I do normally trim the legs - that's the third coil I've tried.
I can't test at the minute but I would've thought the coil tester would read -.-- for the resistance if no coil present? Because it reads zero ohms even with no coil installed at all. Which makes me think something in the deck itself is shorting.
IMG_1125.jpeg

That's a good point mate. I've just put an RTA Base with no coil on my 521 Mini V2 and it reads -.--

I would think it unlikely to be a dead RTA.

I've had a play with my Ether and if I unscrew the 510 pin a few turns the resistance drops. I got it down to 0.07 from the 0.44 that I built it to. So can you check the pin is tightened and not loosened off.

That's a good point mate. I've just put an RTA Base with no coil on my 521 Mini V2 and it reads -.--

I've had a play with my Ether and if I unscrew the 510 pin a few turns the resistance drops. I got it down to 0.07 from the 0.44 that I built it to. So can you check the pin is tightened and not loosened off.
I *thought* I'd checked this, but I'll double-check. One thing I did notice is as the deck is screwed into the checker, the resistance actually reads a value which drops as it's screwed in, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the pin - not sure what though.

Might it be as you say, and reading '0' as it's dropped too low for the coil tester to register?

Yep. That's what was happening when I had the pin loosened off. It read the 0.44 until I screwed it further in to the reader

Put it on a mod to see if you get a reading, if all the screws are tight on the atty - then maybe the build tab is faulty (clean the 510 on the tab just in case).

It's the coil tester :imstupid
I swear I put a working atty on there and it read fine. Tested the Ether again with the same result, took it off - and the tester was still reading around 0.2 Ohms.
Not had it a month yet so hopefully can get it replaced.

Back
Top Bottom