Vape Club
What's new

Am I really missing out with stock tank?

Smoore
Yes bud. Been testing the 1.2 % 0.8ohm one's over the last few weeks. Very good coils. But the recent vaporesso ones in the orca plus where excellent. Modern mesh and wire tech bringing the old mtl.stock coils up to date a bit.

Have you tried the new JAC 1.2Ω Mesh S-Coils ?

Nice, thanks for the tip mate, will take a look. Ideally I'm after a yellow one or orange, I like a splash of colour!

No probs, glad to be of help.

They only do blue, green, purple, and red, but the red looks a bit orangey...

510_stabilized_wood_drip_trip_-_red.jpg

AcmeFog
Innokin
Hello all,
I just wanted to give an update. I received my Ares 2, tried it, failed at wicking with the pre-built coils :/, went back couple of times to my Zlide ready to give up, but ultimately I found my way of creating "good" coils, wicking slightly better and I am now enjoying it a lot! By reading I even managed to use an online tool to help me make 1.2 coils, which I prefer :)

At the moment I can say that the vapour is indeed increased over the Zlide, at least for me, however it tends to be stronger over the first puffs, and then decrease in flavour, but I am sure that has to do with my wicking...
One thing I noticed different is the time it takes to make a puff, whilst with the Zlide I was able to instantaneously get a decent puff and hit, I now have to inhale longer to get the desired effect, but I am sure that has to do with the coil and how quick it "burns", I will get the hang of it, I hope :) (also this seems to improve with HARD on Watt mode)

Finally, here's a picture of the build (is that what's called tank + mod?) with the opaque glass.
Many thanks to you all for all your help, happy vaping.
script>
2020-06-13 14.30.28.jpg

script>

Vape Green
If u r using a clapton or type of wire that has an outside wrap, using one with a higher gauge outside wrap will help ramp up time and not affect resistance (much)

Elux
Yes, today I am receiving a roll of Flat Clapton Kanthal 24/32. Although I am unclear as to whether to use 32 or 24 when inserting the diameter figure into steam-engine, but I'll try and find out ;)
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom